• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ECU CODE 17

P

papdog7

Dec 13, 2009
Watrous, SK
it is exhaust temp sensor im pretty sure i would just like to know what its about. just some information on it like is my sled running to hot or what is it sensing exactly? thanks alot!

jazzfan

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2009
Before you buy a temp sensor check your wires. I thought mine was gone too so I purchased one($120.00) and went install it and when I went to plug it in discovered I had a broken wire in the back side of the connecting plug. Soldered the wire and haven't had any more Code 17 flashes.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
One thing to know! You can fix the temp sensor by opening it (need steel saw or something) and fix broken wires inside. After that put some temp silicone or something to protect wires. They broke just because ****ty design! Too weak wires and they will broke because of vibration. Pal lost his sensor at new year and he fixed it. Now fixed one has 200km on it and it works good. You just need to be little handy to make it work. Also you need to solder the wires with silver.

jazzfan

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2009
You won't hurt it by running it the way it is. I was told that it might go in to limp mode if anything. I rode mine probably 150 miles before I fixed it. Mine would flash for the first 5 or 6 miles of each ride and then quit. The machine ran awesome even when flashing. I wouldn't be afraid to ride it. Like I said before mine were broken wires at the plug.

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
They run real fat and retard timing mine runs like hell with it flashing got a new one and made a resistor plug with the bad one cut the wires and put a resistor past the plug going to use it if it goes out i hear they go down all the time also the sensor adjusts the fuel map until the pipe is warm

Premium Features