• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

91 Indy 400 questions...

X
Jan 1, 2011
ND
I was searching around the forum and couldn't find anyone with this problem I had so I decided to take some pictures and figured that the service manual wouldn't cover this after I looked at the local supply store.
I recently bought a 91 Indy 400 and can't get these plastic skis to fit on properly. No matter how hard I push and have a buddy try to mount the bolt, they will not go on. The only thing I can think to do is take the rubber on a belt sander and sand it down. Are there any ill effects if I were to do so? Anyone else ever have this problem? Also there is a bushing pressed into the side of the metal mounting point on my set of plastic skis. I never realized there was a bushing missing until I took them down from my attic. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this without buying a new ski? 1 is good and the other has 1 bushing missing from 1 side, the other is good so I'm wondering if there was any way I can fix this.
Thanks.

T
Dec 25, 2007
Often you must shave the rubber a bit to get it to fit when putting on a ski, especially if the mounting kit was for a different brand, model, or year.

And I am not sure exactly what you are describing with the bushing (the metal between the ski itself and the bolt?) but if you post the pics I am sure somebody can help you out....If it is the pushing between the ski and the bolt, you can get those at all sorts of places, including from the ski manufacturer (at least they can tell you where they get them from). It would likely be cheaper from a bolt company/supplier though. Hope this helps...

Last edited:
X
Jan 1, 2011
ND
The bushing I'm talking about is the one that is pressed in and the only bolt that holds on the ski to the trailing arm.
On the far right pic, there is a bushing there you can see it between where the trailing arm comes down into the metal ski part. That bushing has fallen out and I can't even order the bushing because it is pressed in. I cant even order the whole metal piece inside the ski either.

track and 400 001.JPG track and 400 002.JPG track and 400 003.JPG

Premium Features