• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sway Bar or no Sway Bar for an tapex

R
Aug 30, 2008
Are Apex's easier to side hill, maneuver, come down the mountain after a steep climb ect, without the sway bar? I have heard both opinions its easier without, or easier with...but it was from a very limited group.

What are your opinions?? Can I take off the sway bar and make it easier to maneuver in technical situations, or should I leave it on?

R
Aug 30, 2008
Ive taken the sway bar out of every sled I have ever owned before I even rode them but I dont ride trails either

I don't ride trails either...however some have said that swaybars really provide stability when coming down the mountain.

What are the pros and cons both ways?

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
I have floats on mine, and run the sway bar. I tried it without but way to rolly feeling to me. with it in I can still pull it on its side.

This is the same experience that I had. If you have floats, leave it. If you have sprung shocks, try it without.

R
Dec 8, 2007
Regina
Too unstable

Took the link off to try it. But on that day I had to double to the top of the mountain for another sled, and WOW I nearly flipped it a couple of times, so I tried it solo for a while and agree with the others, Fox floats and bar!

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
hmmmm, I feel completely opposite. My first 06 apex had standard shocks and when I unhooked the sway bar it became very unstable. Tried it on two different trips and hated it.

Current 06 Apex has Floats on it and I run them at 100psi and the sled is GREAT with no sway bar on it. Eric

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
hmmmm, I feel completely opposite. My first 06 apex had standard shocks and when I unhooked the sway bar it became very unstable. Tried it on two different trips and hated it.

Current 06 Apex has Floats on it and I run them at 100psi and the sled is GREAT with no sway bar on it. Eric

I agree. I could barely ride in the parking lot with the stockers. Works great with Floats though.

It's still "tippy" with Floats, but once you get used to the feel it's perfect.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
Ditch it no matter what shocks. You just have to adjust pre load accordingly.

Every sled that I have pulled the sway bar either needed stiffer springs or at the least needed the springs tightened right up.
I never have had floats but I imagine if you run a little more psi it would do the same as changing the spring.

M
Dec 30, 2009
Sway bar

FYI - I tried mine without the bar this weekend. The bar went back on for the next ride and it will be staying on - way too tippy for me. I could ride it, but fought it all the time. Sprung shocks at medium + setting - ride mostly powder and some trails. MPI stage 1, MPI light front end, High Rise Seat and Exhaust from TJ's.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
As always, some like it some don't, why don't try it for your self?
You unhook it in a couple of minutes, i tried both ways back and forth before i decided, now i've been driving without the sway bar over two seasons, Fox Float in the front soon to be changed to Exit.

Premium Features