• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Have my New RMK - Build Quality

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
I picked it up yesterday. Been on Skidoo for 15 years and wanted to try something different. Feel good it is made in the USA!

After taking panels off and inspecting everything, I have to say that I am very impressed with the build quality of the RMK. You can really tell Polaris spent some time engineering this thing and that the people in the factory worked hard to make a quality product. I like the gauge package, strong and thick aluminum structures and clean simple design. The metallic silver looks way better than pictures show.

It's going to be a good season.

RMK 2011.jpg

Ask Yourself

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2008
I would really like to know where mine is???? I got the little e-mail from Polairs over 10 days ago and my dealer has not seen or heard anything yet.... I guess it doesn't really matter anyways cuz it's 82 degs out right now.... But she would sure look good parked in the garage next to my 09 Assault... A old and new version.... So I wait and wait for my 11 Assault..... It's been a very long summer.... That Pro RMK turbo silver is top of the line she looks good in the back of the truck...

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I would really like to know where mine is???? I got the little e-mail from Polairs over 10 days ago and my dealer has not seen or heard anything yet.... I guess it doesn't really matter anyways cuz it's 82 degs out right now.... But she would sure look good parked in the garage next to my 09 Assault... A old and new version.... So I wait and wait for my 11 Assault..... It's been a very long summer.... That Pro RMK turbo silver is top of the line she looks good in the back of the truck...

Same here. got my email on the 24th. Dealer hasn't heard a thing. Can't use it yet, but would like to get it in the garage so I can figure out what kind of stuff I want to get for it before the snow show on the 16th.

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Dang, yeah I'd say it's going to be a sweet season for sure, haha. The silver looks real nice. I'm sure it looks even better in person.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I've noticed several comments about the fit and finish of these sleds being superb. That's good to here!

(Is that better):focus::face-icon-small-hap:D

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
i'd like to see the silver in person, and i'd like to see the fit and finish in person, but my sled is in a box at the dealer and he's busy. i think it was easier waiting for it before i knew it was sitting there just needing to be put together.

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com
Polaris took it upon themselves to send out a notice to all snow-checked customers a email saying their sled has shipped when and instead of notifying the one's that have actually shipped they sent one to everyone.dealers can look at the (Finished Goods Order Schedule) and get a good idea when a sled will be at the dealership

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Well I'm shocked at how soon mine shipped. It was ready to be picked up on the 24th (wasn't able to get her until the 2nd - my B-day, how perfect is that?!) and the mfg date stamped on the sled was 9-15-10! Now THAT is fast turn around!!! I think I got the first one in OR.

Have FUN!

G

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Been on Skidoo for 15 years and wanted to try something different. Feel good it is made in the USA!

Sweet looking machine for sure......excited to see how these do this season.

Although you aren't really trying something too different. It just a REV in Polaris clothing. :face-icon-small-win

I think that is why I like it so much cause it is so much like my beloved 05 REV.

C
Nov 28, 2006
Willow, AK
I actually asked my dealer not to uncrate mine. Very tough decision, but I don't want to be moving it around over the rocks and gravel, nor do I want to start the warranty or payments, or be tempted to ride it before the snow is sufficient. So at the dealer she sits until mid November.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
I actually asked my dealer not to uncrate mine. Very tough decision, but I don't want to be moving it around over the rocks and gravel, nor do I want to start the warranty or payments, or be tempted to ride it before the snow is sufficient. So at the dealer she sits until mid November.
piss on that idea! i got a wrap sitting in my shop, a seat, hyperfax, aluminum polish and a bunch of other crap i want to start working on, on top of that from time to time i just like to go out and see that it's there. hell i might even sit on it and make engine noise and pretending i'm christ burandt

L
Dec 7, 2009
Got my orange assault last week, makes great garage decor until my first trip. My one concern so far is the plastic chain case cover, I know they had problems with those on fusions back in the day especially with aftermarket cans. Hope it's not a repeat!

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Got my orange assault last week, makes great garage decor until my first trip. My one concern so far is the plastic chain case cover, I know they had problems with those on fusions back in the day especially with aftermarket cans. Hope it's not a repeat!

It's magnesium, no worries mate.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Sweet looking machine for sure......excited to see how these do this season.

Although you aren't really trying something too different. It just a REV in Polaris clothing. :face-icon-small-win

I think that is why I like it so much cause it is so much like my beloved 05 REV.

The Pro isn't even close to an 05 Rev. In fact there isn't another sled out there that is truly comparable. Polaris has changed the snowmobile world once again. The only question that remains to be seen will be the reliability. Only time will tell.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
talked my dealer into putting it together today even though they were busy, it's now sitting in my yard, my wrap for it came today too, and i got the aluminum polish at the semi dealership, now i can get started on it tomorrow.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
The Pro isn't even close to an 05 Rev. In fact there isn't another sled out there that is truly comparable. Polaris has changed the snowmobile world once again. The only question that remains to be seen will be the reliability. Only time will tell.

How is that?? Rider forward- lower center of gravity- side panels to engine- same looking squaring front- I am sure there is more........

It may be injected and have different components, but that thing is a rev takeaway.
post-1479-1265916168.jpg

Last edited:
S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
How is that?? Rider forward- lower center of gravity- side panels to engine- same looking squaring front- I am sure there is more........

It may be injected and have different components, but that thing is a rev takeaway.
post-1479-1265916168.jpg
they all share things that work, as long as polaris doesn't share the rev's handling in deep snow and the rev's ability to stay planted when you want to roll over in powder it should be good. look at the a-arms on the front of the rev and polaris, where do you think that idea came from, guess they looked like a cat when they came out. cat used a laydown engine low center of gravity all race season in 2001-2002 on their 440 snopro. guess they all use other's good ideas.

Premium Features