• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can i move my rear mount 2 a front mount

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Have a buddy with an 06 rear. Bought an Alpine front mount header and gas tank and moved it all up front. Took some fabricating but all told I think it cost him $1000 total.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I just wish MCX could put some info and pics of their new apex kit on their webpage;)

I know they are overwhelmed with work, i guess Erik wants to focus on the summer market right now, after summer vacation it's time for the good stuff! :)

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
I know they are overwhelmed with work, i guess Erik wants to focus on the summer market right now, after summer vacation it's time for the good stuff! :)

I can understand that, but summertime is also "boost-shoping-"/wrenching time. Erik has confirmed that they are coming with a new apex kit. I guess have I have to stop at their shop during summer vacation to see what is needed to upgrade from the old rear mount kit;) I wonder how different the production kit will be compared to Affe Sundström's "proto-kit"

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I can understand that, but summertime is also "boost-shoping-"/wrenching time. Erik has confirmed that they are coming with a new apex kit. I guess have I have to stop at their shop during summer vacation to see what is needed to upgrade from the old rear mount kit;) I wonder how different the production kit will be compared to Affe Sundström's "proto-kit"

Pretty "look alike" but even better fit and finish!

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
that would be sweet if they would have a mid mount conversion kit for there apex rear mounts....i would be all over that

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Hey you should give Myles at Rocky Mountain Yamaha in Pincher a , 627-2127, he has a couple tricks to get the MCX not to drool as much. I will warn you it will cost some $$.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Hey you should give Myles at Rocky Mountain Yamaha in Pincher a , 627-2127, he has a couple tricks to get the MCX not to drool as much. I will warn you it will cost some $$.

mine was the second mcx kit he installed in 06...know Myles very well...

N
Sep 7, 2008
salmon arm
lagging

if i just change it 2 a mid mount rather than a front will i notice considerably less lag.I drove an alpine front mount last year and there was virtually none it felt like a 2 stroke.has anyone tryed both the rear and mid mounts is there a big difference:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

Premium Features