• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let's talk front suspension

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
Is the 36" front suspension kit in the cat catalog the same as what's on the 17mc?

Also is the front suspension on the 18's different than the 17 mc suspension?

Next has anyone compared the alt impact 36" kit vs the new cat spindles and suspension? I have the alt impact titanium arms on my 15 and want to know if it's worth changing to the new geometry.

And who's running the bdx forged spindles with their a arm kit?

I know it's a lot of different discussions but I wanted to start one thread where everyone can talk about the different front suspension options.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I dont think theres any diff. in front susp. arms/spindles from 16-18.
I was looking for a lightweight a-arm kit myself, mainly just lowers, but havent seen anything worthwhile yet.
some of these arms move the skis farther forward it sounds like, i def. would not want my skis out front more than they are on my 17.

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
The alt impact ones I'm running now are for the 15 spindles and they move them 2.5 in forwards but I don't know how that compares to the 16-18 setup. I like how it holds a sidehill I just don't like the big bulky spindles I currently have.

And I think z broz has lower a arms that work with the 16-17 suspension that are supposedly lighter than stock and they're arched "high clearance" a arms

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
And I think z broz has lower a arms that work with the 16-17 suspension that are supposedly lighter than stock and they're arched "high clearance" a arms

yeah, right now if i had to replace the stockers id go with zbroz. BDX sells the zbros arms too, but description says about same weight as stock. makes sense, they look heavier duty. i like the idea of the arch for more clearance.

Last edited:
Premium Features