For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: AXYS 2016 AXYS chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Currently: SENDING IT!!!
t-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2018 clutch problems..

I went out to cooke city over thanksgiving and believe i was having issues with my secondary. Im running the slp pipe set and went with the springs that were recommend. Black purple in secondary and blue/pink in primary. When going down the mountain after a climb and tapping the break it sounds to me as if the secondary is ratcheting. Some of you may say thats normal but I assure this is not. Only happens down hill and sometimes happens when im not even touching the break going down hill. My track i believe has locked up on me down hill as well after touching the break. I brought it to the gas station dealer exon in cooke and he changed out the primary back to stock for me. That helped a little bit. He took the secondary apart and said that was fine. I would of put the stock spring back in the secondary if i had had it. The spring he would of sold me would of been the one i already had in the secondary and is close to stock anyways. I have the sled home now and installed the stock secondary spring back and I guess I will see what happens.. I doubt the dealer will be able to tell if anything is wrong as they'd need a hill to go down. Thats why im asking you fellas... My track does hang 3/4 of inch sag with no weight on it. I fell like thats definitely to loose. Could that of caused this issue?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Currently: Never enough snow!!!
BILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond repute

Too loose, track was ratcheting. Should be tightened to spec. 1/2-3/8" with 10lbs hanging 16" from rear idler i think is the spec, Atleast it was for the older pros.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

2000 440 xc sp 136 (EDGE)
2003 800 RMK 162
2004 910 PRO-XR 121x1.75", Wheelie Machine!!!
2011 LRod 13.6 800 ProRMK 3"PC KMOD/Raptors kmod 37" arms Ti can

The Following User Says Thank You to BILTIT For This Useful Post:
Polaris Pilot (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Currently: Back in the mountains
Thanked 1,067 Times in 399 Posts
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILTIT View Post
Too loose, track was ratcheting. Should be tightened to spec. 1/2-3/8" with 10lbs hanging 16" from rear idler i think is the spec, Atleast it was for the older pros.

Agreed. Sounds like track was ratcheting.

Speedcell Technologies-- Founding Member

Old 12-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Currently: Not set.
bobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond repute

How many miles on your sled at the time?

Read your owner's manual about QD break in and the sound made by the drive system during this time. My 17 made same noise when braking, would make you pucker up wondering wtf was that?! After 100 miles pretty much stopped.

Last edited by bobback; 12-07-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Currently: Winter is back
Thanked 1,822 Times in 665 Posts
TRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond repute

Are you positive it isn’t catching or trying to catch the reverse notch? Down hill braking along with the track driving the secondary on descents can cause it.

The Following User Says Thank You to TRS For This Useful Post:
Sage Crusher (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 04:02 PM
t-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond reputet-revzr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobback View Post
How many miles on your sled at the time?

Read your owner's manual about QD break in and the sound made by the drive system during this time. My 17 made same noise when braking, would make you pucker up wondering wtf was that?! After 100 miles pretty much stopped.
180 miles on this sled. Owned a 16 axys never heard this nasty noise before. All my buddies are on a axys to and have never heard this before. You can hear it from 75 to 100 yards away if your sled is off.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS View Post
Are you positive it isn’t catching or trying to catch the reverse notch? Down hill braking along with the track driving the secondary on descents can cause it.

I'm not sure... everything in the secondary looks normal to me..

Old 12-07-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILTIT View Post

I will tightening the track up and see what happens.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Currently: Loving my Silber Turbo!
AKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure your secondary is adjusted correctly
Make sure your secondary c-clip is still clipped
Make sure secondary spring is not broke

Sometimes a too soft of a spring in a steep helix will also cause it to slip into the reverse angle

Old 12-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Currently: formally "sledmax"
RMK-King has a reputation beyond reputeRMK-King has a reputation beyond reputeRMK-King has a reputation beyond reputeRMK-King has a reputation beyond reputeRMK-King has a reputation beyond reputeRMK-King has a reputation beyond reputeRMK-King has a reputation beyond reputeRMK-King has a reputation beyond reputeRMK-King has a reputation beyond reputeRMK-King has a reputation beyond reputeRMK-King has a reputation beyond repute

There should be little to no free hanging slack in your track, 1/2-3/8" with 10lbs as mentioned above.

Polaris "My Way Out"
'17 SB Assault 800
'16 SKS 800 2.6

Old 12-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
sumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Currently: doing the snow dance
cascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Currently: sourceinnovations.ca
Teth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Teth-Air For This Useful Post:
mountainhorse (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 02:12 AM
Currently: CONTEMPLATING: "Laughter is gods hand on a troubled world.".
Thanked 8,917 Times in 3,961 Posts
mountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Currently: 2016 axys
2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute2XM3 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-11-2017, 06:42 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-11-2017, 01:09 PM
Currently: is it winter yet?
Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,276 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Wheel House Motorsports For This Useful Post:
t-revzr (12-11-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 05:46 AM

Click Here to Register