• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2018 m8000 build

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
I purchased my 2018 Early Release last March from The Adventure Centre in the UP of Michigan (GREAT Dealership) and was blown away by it before reaching the Stage One break in point! Last spring we had terrible riding conditions in Michigan so I made two trips to Southern Colorado and put on 375 miles in varying snow packs and conditions, and I can say that this is the best snowmobile Arctic Cat has released to date!

Now along with my addiction to explore comes my need to continuoulsy modify and experiment, so over the summer my "list" grew and grew! I also moved from Michigan to Montana which allowed me to justify MORE POWER!

Here is my list of desired mods, I will continue this post by adding install pictures and details on why and how it improved the snowmobile. This list will grow!

Skinz Protective Gear- 3inch handle bar riser, low profile seat, handlebar bag
2 Cool Air Vents - side panel venting (available soon)
CobraCord - Pull cord and handle
Iceage Performance- Rail braces (a must have)
Elka Suspension- Stage 4 or 5 shock package (another must have, avalible soon)

And last but my personal favorite! :face-icon-small-hap

Big Bore or Turbo!! - I really like what Bikeman Performance products have done to improve my last few sleds and can't wait to see what they do with the ctec800, but I would also consider a Turbo kit. Research and time will decide.

Last edited:

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I'm waiting for turbo performance to get their kit dialed in. I like what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
I love the idea of boost, but also like to go against the grain. Resale on used turbos is quite a bit lower then big bore sleds, and being from Michigan originally I tend to lean towards a Big Bore or stage kit a little more. Its just in my blood. Haha!

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I love the idea of boost, but also like to go against the grain. Resale on used turbos is quite a bit lower then big bore sleds, and being from Michigan originally I tend to lean towards a Big Bore or stage kit a little more. Its just in my blood. Haha!
I don't know about that. I have a 13 proclimb with a big bore and I feel like I am giving it away.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
If all of us stuck together and weren’t in some huge bind and in a hurry financially. We could bring the prices of used machines back up. But there is always a few azz hats that just “HAVE TO GET RID OF IT!!”
To get their next sled, the same sled they rode last year with bold new graphics!!!!!

But newer has be to be better right!!!!!
Then they finance that sled and put a turbo on a credit card. Bla bla bla. More mods.... bla bla.

All to try and sell it before next years snow checks come out. You know, just to be a bad azz!

It really really sucks to build a well thought out sled........ and then your competing against a kid that’s a farmer or sponsored and writes it all off as a “business expense” and makes the normal guys turboed, new skid, new shocks, 36” A -arms, skis, seat, an absolute garage sale!!! It doesn’t matter weather it’s big bore, turbo, carbon fiber, tiTanium. All these sleds are worth nothing because some jack azz needed the money to start his “next best thing”.

It’s really CHIT!! If we all stick to our guns and hold prices up a bit then we could all benefit from it.

The sled market is ridiculous for a reason. And it’s not the sleds fault. It’s the people selling them.

They think their all just bad azzes And money is nothing. It’s crap and it should stop. A big bore sled or turboed sled when done correctly should add value not reduce it.

Last edited:

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
If all of us stuck together and weren’t in some huge bind and in a hurry financially. We could bring the prices of used machines back up. But there is always a few azz hats that just “HAVE TO GET RID OF IT!!”
To get their next sled, the same sled they rode last year with bold new graphics!!!!!

But newer has be to be better right!!!!!
Then they finance that sled and put a turbo on a credit card. Bla bla bla. More mods.... bla bla.

All to try and sell it before next years snow checks come out. You know, just to be a bad azz!

It really really sucks to build a well thought out sled........ and then your competing against a kid that’s a farmer or sponsored and writes it all off as a “business expense” and makes the normal guys turboed, new skid, new shocks, 36” A -arms, skis, seat, an absolute garage sale!!! It doesn’t matter weather it’s big bore, turbo, carbon fiber, tiTanium. All these sleds are worth nothing because some jack azz needed the money to start his “next best thing”.

It’s really CHIT!! If we all stick to our guns and hold prices up a bit then we could all benefit from it.

The sled market is ridiculous for a reason. And it’s not the sleds fault. It’s the people selling them.

They think their all just bad azzes And money is nothing. It’s crap and it should stop. A big bore sled or turboed sled when done correctly should add value not reduce it.
Can't agree with you enough. You put so much money effort and time into something only to see it become worthless on a resale. It's really not worth it and while some of the parts swap over from my 13 to my 18 alot don't. My 13 153 ran stronger and is lighter than my buddies 17 turbo axys. I see the value in having a strong, high hp, nimble handling sled. However, all anyone wants is a "steal"

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
Manufacturers aren't helping our resale values either. I snow checked my 16 and paid $13,800 for it. Country Cat had the same sled the next fall that you could buy brand new for $9500. Now my 1 year old sled with 700 miles on it is worth what?!?! $8500??? $5800 for one year? Sucks *** bad!

I will probably be buying a holdover 18 next year for this reason.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Manufacturers aren't helping our resale values either. I snow checked my 16 and paid $13,800 for it. Country Cat had the same sled the next fall that you could buy brand new for $9500. Now my 1 year old sled with 700 miles on it is worth what?!?! $8500??? $5800 for one year? Sucks *** bad!

I will probably be buying a holdover 18 next year for this reason.

You Ever tried to buy a sled from Country cat ?

The advertised price is no where near what the OTD price is. They have ALOT OF HIDDEN FEES .

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
just buy my sleds
face-icon-small-happy.gif
eyebrows.gif
no hidden fees
face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO

The advertised price is no where near what the OTD price is. They have ALOT OF HIDDEN FEES .

I haven't. Just see and hear what they advertise on their site. I'll pay more and support the local guys but it just chaps your *** when you try to sell something and there is always the dude- "Country Cat has them for $x,xxx, why would I pay the same price for a used one?"

Good to know though about the hidden fees, thanks!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Hey 906 Wildchild!
Im really interested in how your build turns out. Im going with a big bore on my sled for the same reasons. There are some good kits out there but I haven't seen one for your sled yet. I heard Bikeman performance was working on one, if its like their last Cat BB's it should rip! Its been a while since I've had the privilege to ride with you. Your sled skills were legendary in Upper MI, or maybe you were just crazy. Time will tell which is right with you and your sled! Good luck!

I purchased my 2018 Early Release last March from The Adventure Centre in the UP of Michigan (GREAT Dealership) and was blown away by it before reaching the Stage One break in point! Last spring we had terrible riding conditions in Michigan so I made two trips to Southern Colorado and put on 375 miles in varying snow packs and conditions, and I can say that this is the best snowmobile Arctic Cat has released to date!

Now along with my addiction to explore comes my need to continuoulsy modify and experiment, so over the summer my "list" grew and grew! I also moved from Michigan to Montana which allowed me to justify MORE POWER!

Here is my list of desired mods, I will continue this post by adding install pictures and details on why and how it improved the snowmobile. This list will grow!

Skinz Protective Gear- 3inch handle bar riser, low profile seat, handlebar bag
2 Cool Air Vents - side panel venting (available soon)
CobraCord - Pull cord and handle
Iceage Performance- Rail braces (a must have)
Elka Suspension- Stage 4 or 5 shock package (another must have, avalible soon)

And last but my personal favorite! :face-icon-small-hap

Big Bore or Turbo!! - I really like what Bikeman Performance products have done to improve my last few sleds and can't wait to see what they do with the ctec800, but I would also consider a Turbo kit. Research and time will decide.

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
Hey 906 Wildchild!
Im really interested in how your build turns out. Im going with a big bore on my sled for the same reasons. There are some good kits out there but I haven't seen one for your sled yet. I heard Bikeman performance was working on one, if its like their last Cat BB's it should rip! Its been a while since I've had the privilege to ride with you. Your sled skills were legendary in Upper MI, or maybe you were just crazy. Time will tell which is right with you and your sled! Good luck!

Yes, I was a big fan of Bikemans 900 and 940 kits for the old Suzuki, they flat out ripped! I am very excited to see what they can do with the new ctec. There is a lot of horsepower to be gained under the hood and add that to an already smooth running engine, it should be a beast.

It has been a while since we've been able to ride together, hopefully we can meet up this winter! It would be fun to compare a big bore Axys vs a big bore Ascender :face-icon-small-blu. You know, just for fun. Haha.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Sounds great! I hate to admit that the new Cat is really refined. I still have a few Cats in the garage. My wife might be buying the new Cat and selling her old 1100 turbo. If your big bore runs like their old ones it might turn her away from the heavy 4 stroke turbos. Cant wait to see your build sounds like some awesome combinations. Let us know if theirs any weight savings on your parts.

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
I haven't. Just see and hear what they advertise on their site. I'll pay more and support the local guys but it just chaps your *** when you try to sell something and there is always the dude- "Country Cat has them for $x,xxx, why would I pay the same price for a used one?"

Good to know though about the hidden fees, thanks!

Guy talking about hidden fees at Country Cat is incorrect, only additional charges are MN Sales Tax and MN 3yr registration (to MN residents), which will be paid at any dealer. I Called them last week, no setup fee's....Heinens (Osseo, MN) on the other hand does charge some fees, doc fee, set-up, etc..

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Guy talking about hidden fees at Country Cat is incorrect, only additional charges are MN Sales Tax and MN 3yr registration (to MN residents), which will be paid at any dealer. I Called them last week, no setup fee's....Heinens (Osseo, MN) on the other hand does charge some fees, doc fee, set-up, etc..

That place SUCKS! Thats all...

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Modding and loosing money have gone hand in hand since the beginning of time. In fact I've had modded sleds that I've had to take stuff off of just to sell. Lots of people just like me who read turbo or big bore kit and just click to the next one. Lived in that world before, have no intention of going back ;)

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Modding and loosing money have gone hand in hand since the beginning of time. In fact I've had modded sleds that I've had to take stuff off of just to sell. Lots of people just like me who read turbo or big bore kit and just click to the next one. Lived in that world before, have no intention of going back ;)

I see your point sandman, but just buying a snowmobile and loosing money has gone hand in hand forever. If you or anyone else wants to keep their sled bone stock thats up to them. But it's "their" hard earned money and they can spend it how they see fit and this is better than cooking meth or some other dumb thing. Almost every hobby that a person is passionate about is going to cost money. My buddy that has a non powered mountain bike has over $15,000 in it and he said he'd be happy if he got $5,000 out of it in 2 years. But it makes him happy, he built it with his own hands and has watched the bike change from stock to fully meeting and exceeding his wants and needs. I build hotrods as well. If you think pipes, turbos, skis, shocks are expensive on a sled ....Well, long story short, I love building mod sleds. Some even started out stock. Ive spent a lot of time overseas and we have no idea how lucky we are to be able to do the things we want to do with our time and money. What a blessing! I'm happy the manufacturer got your sled perfect for your size, style and adrenaline needs. I seem to have trouble living in that world. All these brands of sleds are far better than we had even 10 years ago, 5 for that matter. As far as mods, my therapy sessions go well when it includes a loud handle under my right thumb:)

marvelous

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2012
Dent mn
Marvelous

I have purchased many sleds, ATVs, Utvs, and parts and accessories from country cat, The quoted price is what you are out the door with, other than taxes and license, They have built this business from there garage on a farm into what it is today. To say they have hidden fees is a flat out lie! You must have some connections with another jealous dealership to make these accusations. I normally never respond to this crap, but had to let other's know the truth in this matter.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I have purchased many sleds, ATVs, Utvs, and parts and accessories from country cat, The quoted price is what you are out the door with, other than taxes and license, They have built this business from there garage on a farm into what it is today. To say they have hidden fees is a flat out lie! You must have some connections with another jealous dealership to make these accusations. I normally never respond to this crap, but had to let other's know the truth in this matter.

I don’t care what you “think” my experience was. Just because you’ve had a great experience doesn’t mean everyone has. I can voice my opinion just as you can. Doesn’t give you the right to call me a liar though.

I use them a lot for parts, very happy with that side of their business.

Premium Features