• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Timbersled

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
7bc81180284ed9fcc244be08b10a9974.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
My socks are still on. Didn't even get sucked into my boots a little bit. Some cool features for sure though. Bet yeti is pissed about the ski and chain adjuster looking soo similar. Check out the chain angle too. Approach angle as we know it must not apply to snowbike hey

T

Texask5

Oct 3, 2015
Free TSS with with snowcheck, heck yes! I guess I'm gonna be selling my 2 other kits now. Was wishing for 3 inch track(was gonna go short track) but now thinking I should stick with a long track.

R
Apr 18, 2016
Some cool features but not a game changer to me. I don't see anything that can't be made up with skill, meaning put me on this new kit and someone who knows what they are doing on my kit and I'll lose every time.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
I like what i see. I am ordering a new 120le kit for sure. now lets see some REAL pricing. with the free tss kit, free jacket, and 3.99 financing for 48months (if that is your thing), it is a good start.

we need a thread on what you are paying so we can know we are getting a decent deal. Ski

T

Texask5

Oct 3, 2015
My socks are still on. Didn't even get sucked into my boots a little bit. Some cool features for sure though. Bet yeti is pissed about the ski and chain adjuster looking soo similar. Check out the chain angle too. Approach angle as we know it must not apply to snowbike hey

The ski does look like they borrowed some ideas from yeti. Not a game changer but for the price point I think they are the clear choice now.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
The pricing on Raw is cheap. Gonna really stomp the used market worse than they already did.

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
I wonder what they've got going on for a chain slider. Maybe its just the mockup photos on timbersleds website but the chain is making a crazy corner around the swingarm pivot, and looks like the idler is under the chain instead of on top. Maybe the tensioner has a decent amount of adjustment now?

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Looks like cast bulkhead slides fore and aft like a yeti now. Chain angle looks weird for sure. Probably has spring loaded tensioner to make tss work better. I think track looks good.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
http://www.snowbikeworld.com/2017/03/timbersled-2018-aro-snowbike

Sorry to pretty much every other manufacturer........

The big dog (polaris) is in town.

I think the game is over.......

**** I ran a SX stretched to 136 in 2012 to match the track with the ski and told Timbersled about the performance advantages and handling. Not that I am the only one , how many guys cut there LT down to 11 to 11.5 to achieve the same ? Now all of a sudden it is a game changer and back in the day we were told that it messes everything up. TIMBERSLED/POLARIS have been hard on the development brake until forced to move by the competition.
All I can say its about Time now lets see what the competition can bring to the table. :popcorn:

K
Jan 2, 2016
That approach angle looks pretty steep.

5188_1600.jpg

That new suspension seems to go to same direction with mountain sleds where track clearance from frame structure gets bigger and front of the track gets under the bike/driver as much as possible with manageable approach angle.

On harder snow more track under the bike rather than behind it surely makes it feel more nimble, but I think it sacrifices deep snow performance and the ability to get up on the snow.
If the ski is on top of the snow and track starts to trench then the approach angle is already near vertical.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I don't remember reading that Polaris bought snowbikeworld as well. LOL. Just kidding. Sounds good.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Looks like a solid kit. However, I'm a bit disappointed. A 129 with a 3 inch track would have made my decision real easy. I also thought there was going to be a little more weight savings. I guess I just need to hear more real world performance.

I guess I'm not quite ready to buy based on one review by a magazine that said timbersled had good customer service.

Last edited:
Premium Features