• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 High Idle

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
I've replaced the TPS and TPS pigtail and set the TPS voltage per the manual by setting baseline then increasing to .93 volts with idle set screw. I've done this a number of times but the sled still idles at 2000-2100 rpms. I even tried to decrease the idle with the set screw and was able to hold it at 1400 rpms but thought that was too low. I have been unable to get it anywhere close to 1700 rpms. I sprayed starting fluid on the pto side seal to rule out a bad crank seal...that seemed fine. Plugs look great too so I don't think I have unmetered air getting into the system.

Any ideas?

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
Injectors

Never done it....beginning to wonder if that is an issue. Just hate pulling the motor mid-season but it's probably the right thing to do. Witchhunter here I come.

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
Injectors

I decided to pull the injectors and I found a disintegrated rubber seal on the top mag side injector. Thanks for the advice.

Premium Features