• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS TSS Question

CaptNCoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edgewood, Wa
I got mine also... a simple fix to not losing a weekend of riding... thanks for coming up with a great product..
I had my TSS go bad,on my 14 pro. It happens more often than people think.
Thanks again...

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
So...if I remember right, back in the old days if you had a switch in the throttle block fail you could just unplug it and it would bypass the thing....apparently that is no longer the case?
I admit, I haven't had one fail in many many years, so I dunno!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
So...if I remember right, back in the old days if you had a switch in the throttle block fail you could just unplug it and it would bypass the thing....apparently that is no longer the case?

Not the case anymore. You are done if it rips out. The ohm load must be correct for it to function correctly.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK

They made it a double fail safe when they started making them with fuel injection. Essentially like the SkiDoo factory tether. It will run but next to impossible to move the sled under it's own power.

Yes, the old style Carb'd sleds could be just disconnected or removed entirely.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
This saved our *** big time few days ago! Friends sled went into tree & damaged the TSS wires. Our group was 6 miles from truck in deep snow. Would have been a nightmare to get the sled back. Instead I had Loudhandles TSS delete in my bag. Installed it & finished out rest of day riding!

Last edited:
D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
OK... couple questions:
-Where and how does this bypass plug in?? Any photos?
-What are the signs that the TSS is failing and needs to be bypassed?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
OK... couple questions:
-Where and how does this bypass plug in?? Any photos?
-What are the signs that the TSS is failing and needs to be bypassed?

It not a matter of if- it's when.. and this a good tool to have in your bag when it does-as when you depress the throttle off idle it will die- is one of the tattletail signs, or an intermittent cutting out.

There is a black velcro bag right below your steering post above your coils.
Best way to explain is look at the first post Picture and there is a male -female connector that needs to be separated and replace with this bypass.
Another way is to follow the wires coming off your throttle block, it will lead to the black velcro bag- there is only ONE connector that will accept the bypass plug... There are post in the Axys section that show's the correct location doing a search.

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Thanks SC! That's what I wanted to know. Agree this is a great piece to carry... Like having extra relays they don't weigh anything and don't take up any room. No brainer...

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Just finished making 50 more for those wishing to exercise this option

Just completed making 50 more today, for those wanting to take advantage of this option! PM me for purchasing details.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Do you think this is a mod that would cause warrenty problems? Is the dealer gonna know it's there with out physically looking? I've run without a tss in my Pro for years( yes I run a tether always) and would like to do the same in my Axys. The tss is just in a bad spot, a place prone to damage & icing problems. I got enough things to worry about while I'm riding & I don't want a tss manfunction to be one of them!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Do you think this is a mod that would cause warrenty problems? Is the dealer gonna know it's there with out physically looking? I've run without a tss in my Pro for years( yes I run a tether always) and would like to do the same in my Axys. The tss is just in a bad spot, a place prone to damage & icing problems. I got enough things to worry about while I'm riding & I don't want a tss manfunction to be one of them!

Can not and will not, put back to stock before bringing in but no.

Disclaimer: This TSS delete is advertised as an emergency use. Please make sure you have a tether when running it.

But yes it works flawless!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
How much is this little gismo?

Due to forum rules I can not quote a price.

However AKFULLTHROTTLE is correct with his post for all US of A customers. I ship them via USPS Priority Flat Rate to US customers. To other locals, I typically can ship regular mail for a small upcharge.

Premium Features