• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Streaming Video Ad issues....

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The crew at Harris Publishing / SnoWest has been following along all of the user comments and a long detailed letter I sent them this morning.
A few moments ago I think they made a change to the video stream.

Question:

It appears that a small change has been made to the streaming video ads.
The default now appears to be Audio = OFF, rather than ON.

Are any of you getting the streaming audio now without clicking on the speaker icon in the video box??

I need to confirm this with a cross section of Free and Premium members to make sure it it actually happening.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Several people are reporting in the Chat Box that the default audio is no longer being pushed to their desktop.!!!

Is ANYONE out there getting the audio stream FORCED to them???

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Mine just says loading player now. So does this mean the video is still going to run, just with no audio??? If so what about the point made by me and a few others of the auto running video burning up our allowed data usage. Video ad should not run at all unless clicked on, no clicky no audio and no video.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We reached a reasonable compromise with the advertising department.
The video will remain, but the audio will now be set to OFF as the default.

May have more news for you in a week or so.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
At least that noise is off, now lets work at getting a full page back!
On another note, why am I having trouble loading pics guy's post. I have to click on them then click them off and back on again to get them to load?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I agree completely.
We are working on two different solutions to this issue for our members.
Will post real details after I know we have been able to make it work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher,

Here's the response from Springboard Video regarding the video audio problem on the forum.

[FONT=&quot]There is a slight possibility that some of your users still have the previous version of the players config file cached in their browsers so this could be the reason why they still hear sound once the player starts video playback. A clear of their browsers cache could help in that case.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If this still keeps on happening please ask them for the following information: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] The exact browser version where this is happening?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]On what OS is this happening? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]And what flash version is installed on their machine?
This is the URL where flash version can be checked: [/FONT]
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Update Your Adobe Flash Player here.
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
We reached a reasonable compromise with the advertising department.
The video will remain, but the audio will now be set to OFF as the default.

May have more news for you in a week or so.

So video and no chat box,ads that double & triple stack is reasonable?
Seems most are disgruntled because this is not what we paid for and now the advertising dept is in charge?:crazy:

How do we change this? Install Ad blockers different OS's etc etc?
Can't access live chat as it is... getting less forum and more ads for paid membership seems like a non sustaining business plan.

There are already a number of members remembering " when it worked and was fun" Do we have to wait for "remember SnoWest" before something is done?

With the recent member disention...when??

the fix-it guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
cottonwood,mn
With the pantene bitch the audio is always:face-icon-small-sad on. If other ads come up they seem to have the sound off unless I mouse over.

the fix-it guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
cottonwood,mn
That pantene bitch is still :mad2::mad2: me off!!!

I think I am going to record her and make a continuous loop like what plays on my computer and bring it to the next snow show that Snowest is at. Put it in a boom box and play it all day long.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
This is pissing me off. I still get audio on all the time. Stupid as $hit when WE PAY MONEY TO BE ON THIS SITE AND STILL HAVE TO LOOK AND HEAR ADVERTISMENTS ALL OVER THE PAGE. This crap should be turned off to people who pay. Push your advertisements onto people who don't pay to be on this site. Paying AND getting advertisements this annoying is complete BS.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I wasnt getting the audio unless i put my mouse on the ad. But NOW I get this 'Game of Arms' advertisment from AMC. It expands to cover atleast half of my search button next to the search type bar. HOW ANNOYING! Anybody else get this?

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
what the F**k is up with the arm wrestling advertisement that comes spilling across the screen preventing you from clicking on anything? So we are being force-fed advertisements now on a paid forum? B.S., money hungry snowest. this is my last year paying for premium, luckily i have only paid for one year

Premium Features