• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Bumper poll

New Bumper Design

• light weight but strong enough to lift.

Votes: 62 31.3%
  • Take my chances with stock

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Strong enough to deflect a tree might be 1-2 lb heavier

Votes: 123 62.1%
  • Who needs a bumper new hoods are cheap like 850.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raw aluminum

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Black

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Orange

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Green

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters
M
Feb 27, 2010
sport bumper from cat is a good idea it just needs to be a bit stronger and have better mounting points.the twisted turbo one looks good.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
MM's bumper, he is asking about building them

attachment.php

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Im thinking about cutting up an old arctic cat skid plate to give some ribbed plastic impact resistance before i hit bulkhead.

hard to engineer anything without my sled here yet!! the arctic cat skid plate is cheap this year though.

i was also thinking about having something incorporated into the bumper that is a aluminum for a boot shield so sticks don't stab them rubber boots.

-Aksnopro

F
Nov 26, 2007
Even without the bumper the front end on those things are stronger than they look, during the demo ride last spring I hit a good size (4-5 inch) tree head-on while sidehilling up through some trees. I thought for sure I was buying a new front end for the thing....broke the tree clean off and didn't do anything to the plastic...I hope they all hold up like that.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Make it purrrrty

Looks to much like the Sport bumper- we would like something to set apart from the rest.
Cost and weight s a huge factor.
But comon.. for over $200.00 bones..... it has to be different/ $85.00 for the sport bumper is a fantastic buy, and is way above the stock unit
IMHO//

S/C

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Looks to me like you would have to take the bumper off to take the hood off?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
MM's bumper, he is asking about building them

attachment.php

Looks like the top mount goes over the top a-arm. This would be a problem. I plan to beef up the stock bumper. I have it and it is paid for. beefier mounts and a aluminum skid plate of some sort on it. will add strength.

S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
Looks like the bumper needs to either be taller or stick out further. If you are going down a steep hill and hit a tree looks like if would still damage the hood. I also noticed the bumper interfering with a-arm I assumed it was pretty obvious though. The sport bumper isn't the best looking but does have an attractive price.

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
I need one that will hold up to a pull by a sno bunjee. I have pulled out a nytro and bent it. I know there will be damage to the stock one if I keep it. Is it better to have a bumper that bends or a sturdy one that could do damage to the front End? The last part is a question.

Premium Features