• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 ltd bog

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
I put a pipe and fuel controler on from slp with they're map to get rid of the bottom end big. While it is better, it still bogs if I let it idle for more than a minute or after idling down a big hill. Is it just the map I am using or is there no getting rid of it?

H
Jan 31, 2017
Whistler BC
Hey i have the same set up. Stage 2 SLP. I have the same bog as do all the cats. Its something about a sensor located way down in the Intake. SLP makes a kit to relocate it up higher under the hood. I heard that makes it better. Try not to let it idle facing down hill or make sure you have a spot to let it clear its throat before doing anything wild. Almost took myself out on a drop because of it. You learn to know it will do it and ride to compensate.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I have a 13 with the full SLP kit, if you move the air temperature sensor from air box up to by the gauge pod (SLP makes a kit) it will get much better. To eliminate the bog you need to put on a bigger more open air box like the BDX lightened hood it has an air box more like the race sleds. The problem seems to be warm air causing a lean or rich bog depending on where the temp sensor is - lean when in the lower air box (worse), fat when up by the gauge pod (much less bog), the way I ride the bdx hood eliminates the bog and you lose some weight but they are loud, not obnoxious but much louder than stock. Good luck and hope we all get snow soon

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
The SLP kit actually moves the air temp sensor from up by the gauge, to down in the air box. After installing this in my 13, it maybe improved it 40-50%. It didn't go completely away.:face-icon-small-dis

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Well cat must think getting a reading at the box and not up by the intake is a good idea, because that's where they are on the 18s. Given, a different motor/injection setup but still.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
Check your linkage on the oil pump. My oil pump was stick wide open. If you cycled the throttle slowly, it would stick, if I snapped throttle, it would partially close.

Got repaired under warranty but I had a nasty bog down low, reeds weren’t fully seating as well

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
I was getting that a lot more the end of last year than I had been previously. Figured I had a cracked reed or something after 1,800 miles of running. I didn't, but I swapped them out anyway since I was in there. Hope it makes it better. Trying Boysen reeds.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
In my experience it has everything to do with the can. Every SLP, and Bikeman can I have seen on a Cat has caused this problem. Put the stock can (and pipe) back on and see if it goes away to verify. The only can I have used that doesn't cause the exact issue that you describe is Cutler. My brother was a huge SLP fan for years and always fought with this issue while my exact same set up sled with the only difference being the Cutler can ran fine. One day on the hill we swapped cans and magically his was fine and mine had the problem. That was back in 2014, but I have seen the same thing many times since. Hope you you get it figured out because it is very annoying and dangerous in just the wrong situation.

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
In my experience it has everything to do with the can. Every SLP, and Bikeman can I have seen on a Cat has caused this problem. Put the stock can (and pipe) back on and see if it goes away to verify. The only can I have used that doesn't cause the exact issue that you describe is Cutler. My brother was a huge SLP fan for years and always fought with this issue while my exact same set up sled with the only difference being the Cutler can ran fine. One day on the hill we swapped cans and magically his was fine and mine had the problem. That was back in 2014, but I have seen the same thing many times since. Hope you you get it figured out because it is very annoying and dangerous in just the wrong situation.

Funny you say that. The first year I had it stock and didn't notice any problem but as soon as I put a can on it I did notice it. Thought the controller would fix it but it didn't.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Had more bogs with the relocate than without.

Personally I'd be calling slp and telling them to get you the correct setup!

Is it a hollow sounding bog or a gurgle slobbering sound?

Premium Features