• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro mtn. bumper

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
it looks great on the sled (best in that department imo) but this thing is useless. and made in china! please fix that crap Textron.
i am now searching for someone to fix it (weld extra section on) so i can actually use it as intended, by adding a third mount hole underneath for strength like the stock one. as is i am picturing a small tree cracking through my airbox on my first little oopsy :face-icon-small-sad or ripping it right off the sled in a bad stuck.

Stovebolt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Tetons
www.bustedcompass.com
My stock 2016 ProClimb bumper worked beautifully (as intended) when it crumpled perfectly into a pesky Aspen tree that jumped out in front of me last Spring. The crappy Chinese strength construction built-in by the engineers dissipated all the right amount of energy on impact, completely saving all my plastic, hood, bulkhead - so I hit at the right speed such that there was no damage except from the front bumper and lower A-arm. A-arm crumpled perfectly as well - saved the day from real sled damage.

I could fabricate my own tubular wondrous delights of strength and eye appeal, but one even lightweight smack would transmit all of the impact energy directly into the attachment points. Bulkhead/tunnel - would be a bad hot mess.

I was able to just ride my sled out of the trees, my partner laughing at me because I wanted to stay high up and keep riding.... but got it all the way home with both skis pointing forward and no other damage. Cost me a new bumper an one a-arm. and my pride for being a conehead operator.

Stock crumple zones are good. :face-icon-small-hap

Just something to consider is all. :juggle:

All the best,

Stovey
Team Ruptured Buzzard
SE Idaho

it looks great on the sled (best in that department imo) but this thing is useless. and made in china! please fix that crap Textron.
i am now searching for someone to fix it (weld extra section on) so i can actually use it as intended, by adding a third mount hole underneath for strength like the stock one. as is i am picturing a small tree cracking through my airbox on my first little oopsy :face-icon-small-sad or ripping it right off the sled in a bad stuck.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
this is not the stock one its is the accessory "proMTN" from the catalog. I might been a little harsh but i doubt the stock one came from china (i hope) so was a little dissapointed the accessory does, and also you can push on it with a knee and it flexes side to side pretty good. it will stay until it breaks, i do like the look especially from rider position, i did not care for the nerf bar tube bumper that makes the front feel bigger than it is.
but the stock proclimb (16/17 LTD models) bumper gets the strength award.

Last edited:

Stovebolt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Tetons
www.bustedcompass.com
Aaah, 10-Roger Snojet...

"ProMTN" from hard parts, like your first post - I misread. Gotcha.

I agree with you that a mountain sled absolutely needs a good front bumper. And I also think I could personally use a dozer blade style for strength! Until I actually bumped into something I always thought how abbreviated the strength looked on most all stock bumpers, and I still they they are kinda flimsy. But I haven't spent any time replacing a-arms and bumpers - until last Spring when I did a boo-boo.

I think they should just have air bags... :eyebrows:

I also think that AC hard parts should not be made in China. This is a THIEF River Falls shame.

Rally on,

Stovey

Premium Features