• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Whats everyone running for adjustable weights in the new style clutch. Will previous team design weights work or does it have to be specific to the 18. I've always liked Cutlers adjustable arms and would to use those if possible. Any spring options anyone is liking?

Sounds like a 45 degree helix is a good option for around 10000'. Im just trying to gather some info before I buy a lot parts I don't need. Thanks

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
You may want to check out MDS weights, they are claiming 8 hp increase to the track. If this is true or even close to being accurate its a no brainer. 8 hp to the track is a huge gain. Has anyone tried these yet?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We are shipping MDS daily. The 2018 clutch has a much different weight to roller relationship. The 2016+ weights will work, that is what Arctic Cat is using. Big gains on the bottom and mid to be had here.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Cutlers work great and are by far the easiest and best performing weights on the market in my opinion. Plenty of MDS fans out there but I could never get the consistent performance from them as I can with Cutlers.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
We are shipping MDS daily. The 2018 clutch has a much different weight to roller relationship. The 2016+ weights will work, that is what Arctic Cat is using. Big gains on the bottom and mid to be had here.

Do you guys have a turbo setup? And how different are your setups for a 16 with 18 clutches compared to an 18?

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
I'm leaning towards the Cutlers. Always had good luck with them in the past and they are easily adjustable. Any recommendations on a primary spring? 45 Helix?

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I'm leaning towards the Cutlers. Always had good luck with them in the past and they are easily adjustable. Any recommendations on a primary spring? 45 Helix?

If your going with Cutler weights why not get the spring they recommend.

bcriderm8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2010
n/c Iowa

Whats all inthe bolt on kit listed for the 18 on your site?

Premium Features