• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3 inch Track on S chassis?

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello eveyone, my buddy and I are going to swap tracks on our sleds, He is going to install a 162x16x3inch 3.0pitch track on his 97 Summit Tripple BB full mod sled and has a Drop and Roll Chaincase on it now just not exactly sure how much but pretty standard compared to kits offered, Would like to know what drivers or tooth count can be used to install this lug heigth, we are also talkin about installing a ZX chaincase since they are about an Inch longer than the S Chassis case, with or with out the chaincase install we are wondering what you all think are have experience in or have heard on what it takes to install a 3inch lug track, His Sled currently has a skidoo 162x16x2.3 on it now an he has redone the drop bracket and didn the shaving of the inner chaincase bolts for the clearance of the 16inch wide track.

Don`t need any info on my track swap cause the track on his sled mentioned above is going on my Rev and I will most likely break the rods in it to simulate the Flex edge track since I have already installed a T Motion suspension kit in xp rails and narrowed my frontend to 35.5 inch stance. anyway my sled is going to rock with this set up and track swap, I am currently running a Poolaris series 4 159x15x2 1/8 track is it works great I just want more traction of the powdermax track along with the 16wide better floatation.

Main topic of this thread is info and suggestion to install the 3inch lug track on the S Chassis with a current drop and roll with stock 9tooth driver. what do we need to change???

Also if anyone has a set of 3.0pitch drivers the tooth count we might need for the S Chassis 1 1/4inch shaft please let us know how much shipped to 83501

Any info suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks Wildcard

Last edited:
S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I think you are going where no man has gone before........on my old summit mod, it was the 95 f chassis (same as s chassis just different plastic)......I had a stretched chaincase with 9 tooth drivers and could have easily run the 2.5 track. The 3 incher is 3.o pitch and works well with 7 tooth drivers. Not sure how far your drive shaft has moved down and back? But I would think the 7 tooths would work?

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Thats what we have are figureing No mans land, Lol.

Also thinkin of adding a ZX chaincase that he already has since they are about an inch longer than the S Chassis case that would give more added room added to the existing Drop and Roll . will have to see.

Haven`t found or heard of any guys who has put a 3inch lug on an S chassis yet, but this sled no doubt has enough power to turn it with the BB tripple and all the mods done to the engine also, has tons lightweight parts and an M10 Rear Skid etc... works really well.

Thanks, Wildcard

N
Oct 2, 2017
Narrowed front end

I am looking to narrow the front end on my sled I saw wildcard mentioned it, what did you do? I have a 97 formula 500

Premium Features