• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mpi turbo not boosting at altitude

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Did have a thread but starting a new one because its not backwards its just not boosting at altitude. Yes I have contacted mpi and dealt with them. 2015 Yamaha viper mtx 190 kit. So far no boost leaks, eabc and gems has been tested. Turbo has been tested and run on another sled. I bought a new map sensor and seemed to work for a bit but now same as the other one. I finally got to test at 6500'-7000' and only 4-5 psi. It doesn't over boost after about 5000'. Supposed to the way the eabc works I guess. I'm sure it has something to do with the eabc, map sensor, gems box. Thought it could be a voltage problem? I wont be able to try it again this season but hopefully I can have it figured out for the next one.

Last edited:
M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Talked to mpi and they think it is because I added an intercooler without the dual port waste gate or having the eabc and gems reprogramed.* It changes a lot and is only beneficial after 7 psi. So I pulled it and now hope to try it again Friday

Premium Features