• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What do you use for radiator protection

Nov 13, 2008
After one of my radiators taking a little damage I realize I need some protection. What is everyone using? I have a 2013 wr450.

The devol and una-biker ones are nice, but you will get a giant block of ice stuck to the aluminum grill on the front.

I prefer a brace like works connection with a pre-filter over the stock plastic fins in front. The pre-filter keeps snow off of and out of your radiators, reduces ice build up and keeps your water temps higher. The braces helps resist the radiator from getting smashed.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
I was thinking that a tunnel cooler might work better on the bikes(mines a 570 Berg). It would get the coolers out of the way of trees and $hit :face-icon-small-sho :face-icon-small-blu. Haven't looked at the bike closely yet(still re-habbing the new knee(and fractured hip now) :rant:. Would a tunnel cooler create more consistent temps or am I over thinking it?

U
Sep 12, 2010
I was thinking that a tunnel cooler might work better on the bikes(mines a 570 Berg). It would get the coolers out of the way of trees and $hit :face-icon-small-sho :face-icon-small-blu. Haven't looked at the bike closely yet(still re-habbing the new knee(and fractured hip now) :rant:. Would a tunnel cooler create more consistent temps or am I over thinking it?

I had to go to a tunnel cooler for my KX500. I was reaching 250f within minutes......

D
Aug 29, 2010
Vancouver, BC
i got my tunnel cooler setup right at the end of the season. it worked really well in warm spring conditions, using a ktm 55* stat on a cr500 temps stayed 130-150 even on super long steep pulls. all the guys i was riding with had issues with having to let of and cool the rads off with handfuls of slush. when i had rads i always had issues with temps on long pulls

Premium Features