• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 D8 leans to left all the time!!

Does Your D8 lean to the left

• Total voters
S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
I have a 08 D7 and this year I was ridding back to the truck and was noticing that my F-ing sled was leaning to the left, this was when I was riding on the trail. And now that I noticed it it bugs the F out if me. I do have a SLP pipe and muffler and still has the stock walker evens. it's always been a gripe of mine that the sled dives to the left.

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
Taking the sway bar out just makes it handle even worse on the trail, so don't do that. I broke mine out last year, ride home is kinda long now. But off trail I wouldn't have it any different. Diffeerent shocks that are set stiffer will level it out for the most part.
Brad

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Mine used to sag abit. Get ride of those WE front shocks and it will be alot better. I just put the Rydefx coil over front shocks on mine and it's a whole new machine. I wasn't so concerned about weight, the turbo took care of that problem. I was more concerned with durability.

run the "fat boy" white springs and it will be even better.

W

Wayniac

Nov 26, 2007
sunny Seattle
Well, I think I found the problem with my D8. The A arm looked straight while in the sled, but I decided to take it out anyway just for inspection. I didn't see the slight bend in the rear part of the "A" until I layed it on the ground next to a new arm. Hopefully that fixes my problem. It was leaning to the left enough that I actually had more wear on the left hyfax than the right. I'm anxious to try it out once we get some snow.

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
Dragon lean

I think the IQ sleds are all just not balanced by design. Look at the motor on your sled, it sits on the left side. Even the right cylinder is mostly on the left side of the sled if I remember correctly. All the clutching is on the left side of the sled also. The only things on the right are a bit of pipe, a silencer, and a chain case really. Add a lightweight pipe/can setup and it throws it even more out of balance. I believe thats just how these sleds are. It can't all be blamed on the shocks; you never see a Dragon lean to the right :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features