• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rmz 450 to cold

Nov 26, 2008
williston
i put a timbersled kit on a new rmz and ended up with gas in my oil. ive been told this happens when the bike is ran to cold. i put a temp gauge on it now and can watch it. is anyone else having trouble getting enough heat out of their bike? if so whats the fix

thanks

I'm having trouble with my RMZ as well. I have been running engine ice, going to switch back to regular anti-freeze.
I also have half of the left radiator blocked off, which hasen't helped much if any.

I've been researching thermostats, but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Keep us informed if you find any solutions.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
I'm having trouble with my RMZ as well. I have been running engine ice, going to switch back to regular anti-freeze.
I also have half of the left radiator blocked off, which hasen't helped much if any.

I've been researching thermostats, but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Keep us informed if you find any solutions.

Depending on the bike one radiator is mostly useless because of the way the coolant flows. You might try the other radiator, dont now on your RMZ but my kawi was like that.

Nov 26, 2008
williston
ridding in lots of powder with the rads blocked completely i cooled the bike off to 30 deg-we built a belly pan to keep the snow off the bike worked well was seeing 140-160 on the gauge all day long

R
Feb 5, 2011
Priest Lake
What about the air temp?

I am not that familiar with the Fi on the supercross bikes but.....
Are they maped for low air temps? They were never programed to run below freezing. They should have an air temp sensor and with the low air temps they would go into a full rich mode. Right? If that is the case you will get fuel into the oil.
Just my 2 cents.

Premium Features