• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installing Tunnel Gussets on My '08 M1K 162" Tunnel Update?

R
Dec 4, 2007
Williams Lake BC
Doing the tunnel cut/mod on my M1K and noticed where I have to cut into the running board at the back of the rear suspension bracket the board edge tapers in and just by eyeballing it with the full board in place it looks like the gusset might be a bit too wide to mount there so my question is does the board edge have to be cut in a little further down to get the gusset to mount flushly onto the tunnel or am I just seeing an optical illusion where the grip edge starts to taper in as far as fittment of the gusset to the board edge and tunnel goes, sled is a 162"?

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
You have to remove the last rivet from under the boards that connects the roll edge, then heat it up at the bend and straighten it as best you can. Not always that easy, they like to rip open when you try and bend them out, lots of heat. If you don't straighten them or replace them with the 09 or new ones, the gussets will brake when trying to install them.

Good Luck, I've done lots of these.

Premium Features