• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Easy Kill Switch / Tether Question

I
Nov 12, 2018
I'm going back to my 440 Sno-Pro way of thinking, but for the installation of a tether switch which has two wires coming out, can I not just splice them into one of the wires coming down out of the kill switch? All the installs I've seen other guys doing make it look over complicated, wiring it into the wiring harness behind the secondary, etc.

Here is the switch I bought for my Pro; https://recreationsupply.co/wecs.php?store=recsupply&action=display&target=63523

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Hook to these 2 wires anywhere on the sled.
Violet/red black/blue.
5d982a0b79e4b987d01e42ee73117afe.jpg

I
Nov 12, 2018
How does this work? If the switch is pressed in while I'm riding, with the tether engaged, would it not arc both of those wires, whatever they do?

How does this work? If the switch is pressed in while the tether is on while I ride, would it not arc both wires, whatever they do?

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
For those who want to go with the new AC Magnetic tether I provide the needed harness for those interested just PM me and I can help ya out.

I
Nov 12, 2018
Open when running.

****. Thanks man, you just saved me **** tons of time. I thought the circuit was closed when running, so I was just going to plumb the tether into inline with only one of the wires coming off of the killswitch. So this would mean that if the tether comes off, and the button is unpressed, it is currently a closed circuit?

Premium Features