• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

easier to handle and ride?

C
Dec 27, 2012
Is the ascender platform easier to ride than my 2017 m8000 snopro 153
which is all stock? Looking for something arctic cat 2019.
thanx

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Yes. It is a significant difference. Between the drop and roll and narrow boards body work it is better for technical riding in every way. Plus the smoothness of the clutching and bottom end make it so easy to get around. Alpha is an additional step up in ease of ride but any of the ascenders were a huge improvement.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
The 2018 chassis is significantly improved. Sidehills significantly better. Rolls on edge easier. Steering is easier. I have an '18 MC and a '17 MC and a '15 snopro with the updated front end. The '18 is easier in every situation. The '17 should be fairly similar but it just has a much different feel. Actually can't figure out why because they are both drop and roll. And the ctec is just dramatically stronger than the Suzuki in the bottom and mid-range. Buy an '18 or newer and don't look back. imo Cat screwed up big time not offering a twin rail model. I've ridden the alpha and it is a great sled but an ice age approach on the ascender, alpha track, and a real fix to the intake and they would have a sled that appeals to a large number of people and really addresses all the issues. I just don't get it. But back to your question, yes, ascender improvement is definitely worth it.

Last edited:

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I would buy an 2018+ again just for the motor. Everytime i ride one of my buddies with a Suzuki I'm like "Yep i dont miss it..." So much smoother and responsive

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Getting into the dropped chaincase narrower boards and body is all a BIG improvement over earlier models. I can feel a significant difference between my buddies 16 Ltd and my 17 Mtn Cat, and anther significant difference when I hop on the Alpha. That said, the Alpha is amazing but I need more seat time to get used to it. For now the 17 MC is still my favorite.

I have ridden all three a fair amount and really have never felt a noticeable improvement in power from the c-tech. I personally am not ready to switch up. I am still not convinced the new emissions motors are going to last like the old suzuki. I am tempted to find another, lower mileage 17 MC when this one starts getting tired.

Premium Features