• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UNINSULATED JACKETS

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Looking at replacing a MOTORFIST REKON JACKET.

Anybody know some models?

Im actually leaning to a winter or all weather motocross motorcycle jacket since they are so much less money.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Cabelas fishing gear jacket. It is a Goretex shell and around $200.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I've used a ton of different brands. Best fit and finish, combined with excellent waterproof and anti tear ability, while still being flexible and not too stiff IMO are the high end TOBE jackets

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Have been wearing a MSR Cordura jacket for years, works great and is tough with padding in elbows and shoulders. Large enough to fit over the tek-vest, waterproof with plenty of venting and pockets.

It has to be below zero before needing an insulated coat.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
My hmk shell only has taken a beating, keeps the the wind and water off. Also done well with cabelas uninsulated bibs. Bought them as a temporary when mine got left hanging at the house....six years later they’re still my favorite.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Looking at replacing a MOTORFIST REKON JACKET.

Anybody know some models?

Im actually leaning to a winter or all weather motocross motorcycle jacket since they are so much less money.

I backed into the trailer space heater on the jacket and it got messed up

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Motorfist Freeride jackets.

Super tough, and lots more flexible and comfotable then the rekon.

I have a first gen one with over 200 days on it that is now my work coat, still looks great and keeps me dry.

I also have a second gen one (needed new colors) and its got a pile of days on it and looks brand new and keeps me cozy and dry. Its probably the best mix of a super thin/rideable layer thats fully waterproof/windproof while still being very flexible and tough. I've been wearing htem for 4 years now and would never change it up until something really impressive comes out.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Loving my one piece MF this season and got an excellent deal on it also. I liked my alpha jacket last year too but found it a little tight and not as comfortable.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Loving my one piece MF this season and got an excellent deal on it also. I liked my alpha jacket last year too but found it a little tight and not as comfortable.

I looked at those one piece suits but want more flexibility at the waist.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
My only memory of 1980 was finally being old enough to ditch the onesie for a pair of big boy pants and jacket.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I rode for years with an a.r.c. fowl weather dirt bike jacket. worked great. don't know if that particular one is still available, but im sure theres something similar out there. maybe check out somewhere like rocky mountain atv/mc.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Tried Tobe. Didn't like the collar and lack of cinch to tighten it up around the neck.

Tried Motorfist. It was so-so. Same with Ski Doo Heliums.

So far, the Klim Storm is my favorite.

Premium Features