• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rpm loss once warm

D

doobie

Oct 13, 2008
Cochrane ab
going to be long winded
-16 axys silber kit new last year
-0-250 miles, pulled 8400 @ 5lb last year, 78g 6-7k elev
- this year 250-650 miles once warm my rpm drop right off, pulled weight down to 75.xxg on 7lb now, trail ride in and bomb around a bit and its 83-8400. after the sled is beat on for a bit its down to 8100, let cool and get after it again and its mint for awhile.
-changed relays a few days ago and boom all of a sudden its hitting 8650 rpm, swap back to 5lb and the sled is hauling azz at 8400, 20 min later im down to 79-8100rpm. swap back to 7 and back up to 8400 for a bit then down to 8-8200. i really thought the relays solved it, sled even sounded different. it was really smooth again for awhile, after the rpm drops you can feel the sled labor to pull rpm. pops and farts if im into the throttle for 15-20 sec. i know this isnt a silber problem since my buddy with me is riding same sled, same injector colour, same kit as me.
-clutches gone thru and cleNed before everyride
-new relays
-new belt
-new motor mounts
only mods i added this year are a spi teather and frogzskin vents on hood.

D

doobie

Oct 13, 2008
Cochrane ab
Went thru power valves, most carbon build up I’ve ever seen.. one was ok the other was a mess, also found a primary roller that pushed its bushing out the side. Dealer ordered me a new EV actuator, mine was being very sluggish compared to a new one. Will also comp test since one valve was so much dirtier, may be some blow by there.

Premium Features