• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 850: "Second Ride" Review

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Good news, it got better.

Got another 3 days on my 850 week. Currently sitting at 160 miles/12 hours. This sled rips. Period. Seems weird but I feel like it really woke up at 7.5 hours, not 2 or 10. Been pulling 8200 at 9500-10500’ with 66 grams.

This was my experience as well, around 7hrs is when I felt my 850 really started to pull hard.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I hit 8.5 hours yesterday. It's MUCH more responsive.
I like where this is going!!!!

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Wife and I took first rides on our 850's in Revi, snow was variable with pockets of really good 3' fresh, some deep ice crusted, some wind effected and so on. Both in break in. My take-love the new front end and ease of rolling on edge, power was about the same as our piped and clutched AXYS 800's but seemed to hold the top end stronger in deep on a long pull, liked the way the power comes on a bit smoother and should get stronger after break in. Hand warmers work!
Wife's take, her best first day of the season ever and "much easier" to ride. She commented that this sled did not tire her out and she was thrilled with the difference. I've never seen her excited about any sled before and she kept playing and playing more.
Also, noticed less vibration in the bars at the end of the day when I thought about it.
Overall was really happy with the changes made to the AXYS and assume when break in is finished the power increase will be more noticeable. The wife is excited to ride and was upping her game on it so all is good

T
Sep 10, 2009
I have a little over 10 hours on my 850 now on marginal snow conditions. It woke up big time after the increased fuel in break in mode was complete around 2.5 hours. I came off a turbo axys, so I wasn't expecting to be impressed by a stock sled. So far, I'm stoked on this sled. I have not run it side by side with an 800 yet, but three of us in my group agree it feels more powerful than the stock 800's we have rode in the past.

A little clip from riding the 850 last weekend with a Diamond-S Titanium Quiet can.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aDMMPFPQdt_gWe3mWYyWBZbNUWM-qdTM/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I have a little over 10 hours on my 850 now on marginal snow conditions. It woke up big time after the increased oil break in mode was complete around 2.5 hours. I came off a turbo axys, so I wasn't expecting to be impressed by a stock sled. So far, I'm stoked on this sled. I have not run it side by side with an 800 yet, but three of us in my group agree it feels more powerful than the stock 800's we have rode in the past.

A little clip from riding the 850 last weekend with a Diamond-S Titanium Quiet can.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aDMMPFPQdt_gWe3mWYyWBZbNUWM-qdTM/view?usp=sharing

Way to let her sing. Nice.

Premium Features