• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ctec bog

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Ride report after Saturday. Still having some issues. This is the text I sent to Justin after Saturday.
Ok rode day 2 today. Doesn't fall flat anymore but still loads up, 4000rpm ish. Also, wont idle to go into reverse. When you start it, it wont idle. Give it some gas and it will run but idle falls down to 1500rpm and dies. Wont go into reverse due to low idle. After I ride it for a short period will idle at 2200 rpm but still dies going into reverse. Turn it off and the pattern repeats. Wont idle, ride it then idles, dies if going into reverse. Weights are too heavy as the best I saw today was 8k rpm then fell to 7700rpm, running 76grams on factory boost at 11k altitude. 1 gallon of gas, fresh fuel.

Waiting for a respons. I have a 5day ride coming up and while I can ride around the problems I shouldn't have to. If I cant resolve it then off it comes back to stock. Slowly losing my optimism.

I know that silber is testing in the snowies this weekend so hopefully they get some of it figured out. I'm on an an 18 ER with 19 problems.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I heard that as well.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Mine is turboed. No issues stock.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Not sure why Cat has issues with this. My son's M6000 really ran poorly as far as bottom end bog. Got the ECU reflashed with the race dept and seems better, but now has a strange bottom lean bog. Don't notice it when riding really, only when first starting it, but can't help wonder why my Doos run crisp and clean all the time while his runs so strange......

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Stock Alpha. I was in some really good conditions the last few rides with over the hood powder. If the snow piled a foot deep on top of the hood you could lose a lot of power. If you kept the RPM up there was no problem but if you got out of the throttle while the intakes were covered you might be governed to 6000rpm or so. Swipe the snow off and all was good again. My last few Polaris were never affected by this. The Cats must have tighter air ducting.

Premium Features