• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 mtn cat BD turbo clutch setup

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
Putting BD race gas turbo on my 17 mtn cat and i pulled this kit off my 15 and have no experience with the 17 clutches will be running 10 lbs of boost just woundering what way to go with the clutching. I ride 9-11k elevation and do alot of tree riding.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
I have a 16 with a BD race gas turbo. Probably not the exact same setup that you have but I can tell you how I have mine clutched if you would like. The ECU was programmed different in 16 and now in 17 is programmed different again.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
I have a 16 with a BD race gas turbo. Probably not the exact same setup that you have but I can tell you how I have mine clutched if you would like. The ECU was programmed different in 16 and now in 17 is programmed different again.

Ranger 12 that would be great I would take any advise and 16 clutches are the same as a 17 I know they have different drivers but from my past experience it's not a whole lot different when it comes to clutching. On my 13 I went from 8 tooth to 7 tooth for the 3 inch track and did not have to change clutching so im will to give your setup a try and I was going to call bd for new starting point on fueling numbers but i would also take your numbers and try them.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
I have a 16 Pro-lite with the Pro Boost turbo. Its not the same as what you have but It is set up to run on straight AV fuel or a 50/50 mix of Race and 91. It compensates for altitude and such so the hp is always the same. There are different maps programmed into the box and it changes maps with changes in altitude. Supposedly close to 240-250 hp? You can try my setup or not and see how it works for you.

Primary: I have SSI adjustable weights with 83 grams of weight in them. 120/280 SSI primary spring

Secondary: Straight 44* helix. 190/260 SSI secondary spring

27/63 gearing in the belt drive. 26/63 was good but I just wanted to see if it would still run with a little higher gearing and the 27/63 was a big improvement on the top end with not any difference on the bottom end

Hope this helps. Hopefully I didn't just open another can of worms for you. Just thought I would offer.

Last edited:

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
Not yet I own a heating business and as you can imagine with the super cold temps I have had zero time to try it. I ordered your setup and one other setup and will be testing tomorrow I will let you know how it goes.

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
I am running the same clutching as ranger12 Ssi weights loaded 2443 44* helix and same springs as he listed, I am on a 16 with a Tki drive as well, using a bd turbo, not the pro boost set up, running about 10-11# depending on altitude. Works very good so far. Holds 8450 and pulls like a mofo. Responsive at slower speeds as well. Call ssi, he will hook you up.

Premium Features