• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New from Nevada

B
Dec 6, 2016
Minden, NV
Just checking in and introducing myself. Name is John and I have been in the snow all my life. Did some snowbiking in Idaho been skiing for many years and love to take the scout into the snow for life learning sessions.
I was given 2 1995 Yamaha Phazer II snowmobiles. The previous owner passes on and no one wanted them. They were taken really good care of and came with covers. We took them out last year for my kids first experience on sleds. We had a blast. Through a series of unfortunate events I burned the piston on one(bad crank seal) and lost a cylinder on the other(wrist pin clip came out). I am in the process of rebuilding both so we can go have some more fun. I will be looking for advice and knowledge from the many uses here as I go through this process. I am the main mechanic on all of my toys and vehicles so I will be doing all of the wrenching.
Thanks for a great site.

Boisebiker

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
Welcome to the site.
Hope all goes well with your rebuilding efforts.
There are a ton of guys on here with a huge wealth of information, experience and knowledge.
You have questions I would bet you'll get answers.
Have a great and safe winter season.

Nooby

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Welcome to the site.
Hope all goes well with your rebuilding efforts.
There are a ton of guys on here with a huge wealth of information, experience and knowledge.
You have questions I would bet you'll get answers.
Have a great and safe winter season.

Nooby
What he said!
And Welcome!:welcome:

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Welcome to the neighborhood john. You will find a lot of information on snowest as well as over an Totallyamaha.com a Yamaha specific forum for those phazer's. Lot a decent riding in hope valley area on a good year. South lake area and up at Little Truckee Summit as well. Gold lake and Yuba pass as well but those are a further away from Minden

B
Dec 6, 2016
Minden, NV
Thanks for the welcome and riding area suggestions. I have started ordering parts and begun the teardown process. Now I just need to find the time to complete the projects. Hopefully it will be done before spring.

B
Dec 6, 2016
Minden, NV
I got 6 kids, 16 to 4. 2 boys 14 and 12. I try to get them involved in repairs to cars, dirtbikes and snowmobiles but they only seem interested in their ipods. That is until it is time to ride.

Premium Features