• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
S
Sep 10, 2005
Grand Junction, CO
Well, you certainly put me in my place.
The sheer audacity of allowing a spelling mistake to appear on one of my posts.
What was I thinking!
Wow, thanks for the well thought out and intelligent rebuttal.

When you run out of valid arguments you resort to personal attacks. That does not invalidate any of my statements. It does, however, weaken your arguments.

If my conclusions are incorrect, I welcome proof to the contrary. The bottom line is that you feel that all these changes are an improvement so therefore, in your opinion, they are. Purely subjective, but then your job depends on it.
Did you really think that you could make sweeping changes to the site and that we would all just applaude? Was constructive criticism not part of your grand illusion?

We could all use a spell check from time to time. My posts are rife with errors depending on how awake I am when I write.

Not trying to put anyone in their place. I just don't like some of the new changes and I am offering my opinions as well as facts to back them up. I liked the old Snowest and still feel that it is the best sled site to date.

BTW, I was pretty much maxed out on little green dots on the old format.
No alter, same name for years. I offered that as areeement that the old system was flawed.

Last edited:

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008

No alter, same name for years. I offered that as areeement that the old system was flawed.

Give it a rest, give them some time to smooth out the bugs. They've got alot on their plate. You have suggestions, offer them up in a constructive manor.
Winter will be here soon, and we will all be back where we belong:beer;

By the way, I guarantee, you weren't even scratching the surface of being max repped, but, what ever.:rolleyes: all that REP didn't make my sled any better.......................now that kick azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz SW sticker I have is another story:cool:
LAter:beer;

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho

When you run out of valid arguments you resort to personal attacks. That does not invalidate any of my statements. It does, however, weaken your arguments.

If my conclusions are incorrect, I welcome proof to the contrary. The bottom line is that you feel that all these changes are an improvement so therefore, in your opinion, they are. Purely subjective, but then your job depends on it.
Did you really think that you could make sweeping changes to the site and that we would all just applaude? Was constructive criticism not part of your grand illusion?

We could all use a spell check from time to time. My posts are rife with errors depending on how awake I am when I write.

Not trying to put anyone in their place. I just don't like some of the new changes and I am offering my opinions as well as facts to back them up. I liked the old Snowest and still feel that it is the best sled site to date.

good thing we only see you for your 300+ post cuz if i had to reed any more of the squeaking your azz is making my head would hurt. if you don't like the new rating system go to your cp and shut it off and make your own "value" of each user.
no need to hit the thanks button for my "rep"
images

Shane.

S
Sep 10, 2005
Grand Junction, CO
good thing we only see you for your 300+ post cuz if i had to reed any more of the squeaking your azz is making my head would hurt. if you don't like the new rating system go to your cp and shut it off and make your own "value" of each user.
no need to hit the thanks button for my "rep"
images

Shane.

Squeek.............
Well then, you will be happy to know that the ignore function is still functioning.........Squeek.

And thanks for helping to make my point that the number of posts that someone makes is not a good indication of their intelligence........squeek

I take it that your azzzz is so wide open it doesn't squeek.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The bottom line is that you feel that all these changes are an improvement so therefore, in your opinion, they are. Purely subjective, but then your job depends on it.

Did you really think that you could make sweeping changes to the site and that we would all just applaude? Was constructive criticism not part of your grand illusion?.

Sigh.
What a waste of breath.

Let me make this as black and white as I possibly can.

This is a COMMERCIAL BUSINESS SITE run by a CORPORATION engaged in the business of the snowmobile industry.

The senior most executives of that corporation, after having reviewed the presentation on several different occasions made a well thought out, calculated business decision to proceed with the changes as outlined. With some 30 years of commercial publishing behind them now, I think they no longer "feel" what is an improvement and what is not.

There is no "Grand Illusion" on the parts of anyone in this business. We all seem to have a very clear understand of what we are doing, why we are doing it, and where it will take us when it has been done.

You sir, are the only one here suffering from a "Grand Illusion".

PS.
"Applaude" is not spelled with an "e" at the end.

This post spell checked with "eiSpell" for the benefit of Steamboat-RN.

S
Sep 10, 2005
Grand Junction, CO
Sigh.
What a waste of breath.

This is a COMMERCIAL BUSINESS SITE run by a CORPORATION engaged in the business of the snowmobile industry.

The senior most executives of that corporation, after having reviewed the presentation on several different occasions made a well thought out, calculated business decision to proceed with the changes as outlined. With some 30 years of commercial publishing behind them now, I think they no longer "feel" what is an improvement and what is not.

There is no "Grand Illusion" on the parts of anyone in this business. We all seem to have a very clear understand of what we are doing, why we are doing it, and where it will take us when it has been done.

PS.
"Applaude" is not spelled with an "e" at the end.

This post spell checked with "eiSpell" for the benefit of Steamboat-RN.

Well thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea that the changes were made with a clear understanding of the outcomes. How comforting that must be not to have to take calculated risks like the rest of the world.
Too bad the rest of the snowmobile industry does not share your devine guidance.
I'm just one of the many users here that you choose to alienate.
But then you already knew that.

Sorry if my opinions of some of the changes were were outside the expected norm.

And I still would like to see an integrated spell check for those of us who are techno challenged.

Last edited:

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
The entertainment has always been here, but before it existed solely in the 'Fouled Plug' and 'Trash'
Thanks, for spreading the wealth:beer;

There is a way to converse with out appearing angry or combative. It is with in all of us, yes even you:beer;

Sigh.
What a waste of breath.

I can't even imagine a company refusing to listen to its customers. Yet, you keep insisting that you know what's best for us, and that we just need to be patient and all will be well in the end. I, and I think most of the "vocal minority" here, understand that you will continue to make these unwanted changes in spite of our opinions. I even understand that Corporate has issued mandates based on calculated risk. In fact, I have basically resigned myself to the fact that the old SnoWest forum is now gone forever. For that, I am sad.

However, there is one more thing I would like to impress upon you and the owners of this site. They call it a calculated risk and not a calculated certainty because there is still risk involved. And sometimes, even with the best of intentions, somebody gets the calculation wrong. No business owner wants to believe that it can happen to them, but it can, and does all the time. I offer to you a reminder of a well known and very dramatic example of what happens when intelligent, successful, well-meaning corporate executives take calculated risks and lose.

Named after Henry Ford's son, the Edsel automobile launched on "E Day", September 4th, 1957 with much fanfare and hype. Featuring "Teletouch" steering wheel, electric gear-shifting, self-adjusting brakes, and a nifty speedometer redesign, the Edsel failed to resonate with consumers. People still debate the exact reasons for the failing but the general consensus is that Ford didn't have its finger on the pulse of what Americans wanted. Maybe consumers were put off by statements like, "There's even the luxury of Edsel air suspension. It's just like riding on air, because you are." Whatever the cause, $400,000,000 worth of development was blown in two years when the Edsel was discontinued on November 19th, 1959.

Just some free advice from a fellow business owner and SnoWest forum member: You may want to pause for a moment and reconsider just how much weight you gave to your customers' opinions when making your risk assessment.

And Christopher, even though I disagree with both the content and tone of most of your responses, I want to thank you for at least continuing to read my posts. But, since I'm now convinced that you're going to keep marching down a path I don't wish to travel, I think it's time to start looking for another general sledding forum. In the mean time, I still have Dootalk.

Last edited:
A
Aug 3, 2008
North Idaho
A company that isn't growing will become submerged in the old way of doing business, risk must be taken although I think too much at once can be damaging. I'm not sure everyone will have the same vision, maybe that is what all of this should be called instead of change, someones vision of the future? So far I personally don't mind it.

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Hollywood Hills? Luguna Beach? Real World?

Speaking of post whores... And drama junkies who thrive off of - but hate social networking sites.... I detect irony here. :face-icon-small-con

Unfortunately, I just read this thread start to finish. I originally came here to edumacate myself and see what these new features were all about, and I got a full on episode of Laguna Beach.

Summary:

This site has an incredible amount of whiners. Like it or not, looks like snowest is going through some growing pains.

Now make a choice:
1. Accept it - for better or worse.
or
2. Reject it - state your constructive opinion(this doesn't include endless whining), and don't let the door hit you on the @ss on the way out.

Christopher, quit getting distracted and fix this mutha sucka. Although I think this transition is a push in the right direction, may I suggest re-examining your rhetorical situation, specifically your audience. Although there are exceptions, i would say this site caters to a crowd that doesn't typically fit into the 'IT genius' group. Regardless of the outcome, thanks for your time/effort & good luck. :beer;

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Speaking of post whores... And drama junkies who thrive off of - but hate social networking sites.... I detect irony here. :face-icon-small-con

Unfortunately, I just read this thread start to finish. I originally came here to edumacate myself and see what these new features were all about, and I got a full on episode of Laguna Beach.

Summary:

This site has an incredible amount of whiners. Like it or not, looks like snowest is going through some growing pains.

Now make a choice:
1. Accept it - for better or worse.
or
2. Reject it - state your constructive opinion(this doesn't include endless whining), and don't let the door hit you on the @ss on the way out.

Christopher, quit getting distracted and fix this mutha sucka. Although I think this transition is a push in the right direction, may I suggest re-examining your rhetorical situation, specifically your audience. Although there are exceptions, i would say this site caters to a crowd that doesn't typically fit into the 'IT genius' group. Regardless of the outcome, thanks for your time/effort & good luck. :beer;

Well said Travis.................................Did I mention............Winters Coming?:face-icon-small-hap:beer;
And..............thanks to you Christopher for what I'm sure has been quite the undertaking thus far:beer;

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
...In fact, I have basically resigned myself to the fact that the old SnoWest forum is now gone forever. For that, I am sad.

Which "old snowest"? There aren't many "old timers" still posting regularly from the days I was a newb, but the forum, as a medium, is better. The content is still remarkably good, too. Every time they changed the software there were massive complaints, but the numbers kept growing. I think it's because of light handed moderators who let it be what we want, within certain bounds. The new stuff gives us tools to again make it what we want, even more. Thanks Chris, it's gonna be alright, probably even good.

John

Premium Features