• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

700 cfi question-ecm/electronics

S
Dec 2, 2007
forest lake, mn
I am in the process of putting the 700cfi from my 07 rmk dragon into an 08 chassis. Both sleds are complete as of now, my 07 chassis is beat, the 08 motor is low on compression. Question is are there any improvements or benefits to the 08 electronics? I've heard the 07s run stronger... I'm assuming the only difference is the ecm mapping? Which one should I use? My 07 runs great, don't know about the 08 other than it runs as I bought it as a parts sled. Both have the yellow injectors and I do know that they both have the updated voltage regulator installed...

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Why not just put the 700 ECU into the 800 ECU chassis?

However, if you have a pipe, new can, and a high compression head, then perhaps the 800 ECU's increased fueling for the larger engine will benefit the 700 with those modfications?

Good luck with your swap out.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Why not just put the 700 ECU into the 800 ECU chassis?

However, if you have a pipe, new can, and a high compression head, then perhaps the 800 ECU's increased fueling for the larger engine will benefit the 700 with those modfications?

Good luck with your swap out.
If it is a 700 going into an 800 chassis, you would need to use the ECU and injectors out of the 700 for sure. The 800 would way overfuel most likely. If they are both 700s then you would have to check with dealer to see if the mapping was the same for both years, then it would not matter which electronics you use as long as the injector color matches the ECU flash.

As for the voltage regulator, unless they have been replaced with the latest one (updated part number) I would be nervous as the older ones can take out the ECU when they quit working... google search for the updated VR part number, or check it in an online OEM parts site such as Kurts Polaris or Babbits. There were lots of posts here on snowest giving all the various part numbers (I think there were 3 or 4) but the search here stinks, but google is good for finding that info even on snowest... do NOT use a VR from SPI, even though they are cheaper, they will take out your VR too...

Premium Features