• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

155 turbo suspension setups

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
So after spending a week riding some pretty deep snow on stock suspension 155x2.6. It has become apparent I need to make some changes, I was planning on doing a coupler block, but is there a lot still left on the table if I go to a kmod? Would a 3 inch track a huge gain over the 2.6 on a 155 setup?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
So after spending a week riding some pretty deep snow on stock suspension 155x2.6. It has become apparent I need to make some changes, I was planning on doing a coupler block, but is there a lot still left on the table if I go to a kmod? Would a 3 inch track a huge gain over the 2.6 on a 155 setup?

What year of pro? my experience with the earlier pro's and the stock skid , you would certainly benefit a good bit with an aftermarket skid.

What are you wanting the sled to do better? Keep the nose down better? Not trench so bad?

From what I've read with a 3 inch, especially turbo and a shorter track, it becomes a wheelie machine big time. Also with a 3 inch you have more bite so to initiate a side hill can be tougher I'm told as you expect the track to spin so you can lean over but instead you get the sled creeping forward.

I my self have a 174 2.5 with a timbersled skid and it's wonderful, you really notice how much better the skid is over stock, it just climbs ontop of the snow and pulls hard.

Last edited:

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
2017, my 12 with camo extreme was somewhat manageable, but with improved clutching my 17 trenches and wheelies on me. making the bottomless creek beds I like to run up very difficult. Just got me thinking if a coupler setup isn't gonna cut it compared to a skid

Honestly, I don't think you need a new skid. Just get your shocks revalved. I have a 2017 2.6" 155" with a Sidekick Turbo with VOHK clutching. For suspension I have Raptor Triple Rate Springs, Carl's Cycle revalve and the ARC two position setup. Right now my sled is actually too planted, but I haven't adjusted it yet as this weekend was first time out on powder. With ARC off my skis are only pulling about a 1-2 feet off the ground and only a few inches off the ground with it engaged.

The snow was deep in Northern Colorado, unusually heavy and with very little base. My sled was not trenching at all. I was able to slow down going up hill in trees, pick a line and gas it to spoll up the turbo and just keep going. My brother has an older race gas M8 with the 2.25" powder claw and I have never seen him get stuck so much. It was trenching all the way to the dirt if he let off the throttle at all.

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
Have you taken the time to set up the suspension properly and make fine adjustments from there? A properly balanced sled will do wonders for your problems.

But with that said, the ARC is pretty sweet. Loose when you want and skis more down when you want all at your thumb!

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Yes it's set pretty close, not that there is much to do other than preload and rear track shock damping. Limiter strap is not adjustable and haven't messed with that as I feel polaris has done this for a reason. Otherwise sucking in the limiter is a quick and dirty partial solution. As much as I want ARC I feel that cable will be problems so I'm looking at a coupler be bracket similiar to zbros kiss.

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
Yes it's set pretty close, not that there is much to do other than preload and rear track shock damping. Limiter strap is not adjustable and haven't messed with that as I feel polaris has done this for a reason. Otherwise sucking in the limiter is a quick and dirty partial solution. As much as I want ARC I feel that cable will be problems so I'm looking at a coupler be bracket similiar to zbros kiss.

Adjusting your preloads can have a drastic effect on how a sleds handles. I’d recommend starting there. You could soften the CTS to cushion some of the transfer and/or stiffen the RTS to help keep the skis down. Adjusting the front ski shocks can also have an effect on weight transfer.

As for the ARC, why do you think the cable will be a problem. Run the cable thru the housing and the actuator for the shock, set tension, and on you go. There should be any worries on the cable. I’ve yet to experience an issue.

T
Sep 10, 2009
I'm on season two of my turbo sled with about 8psi of boost at roughly your same elevation. I've been using raptor shocks - they have triple rate springs. I don't have any issues on the sled being un-manageable. The triple rate spring lets it squat a little more instead of just lifting the front end.

Cheap end - try their spring kits for the stock shocks. Upgrade to the full shocks later if you want them.

This is my fourth season using Raptor shocks and I'd buy another set for my next sled.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I like the concept of the ARC it looks functional but not cheap at 1000 for the cable style and 2000 for the electronic it might be worth looking at a skid instead but I cant say with out riding a stock with a arc and a k-mod or something similar to compare the 2 options. has any one got the chance to compare stock skid with arc VS. aftermarket skid?

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Running a stock suspension setup last year on 5# of boost and I was running into the same issues. I had to make my skid suspension somewhat awful for no steep mtn riding to make it work in the mtns. Whereas now running my Fox setup it rides nice everywhere I go. I know my buddy Kyle has noticed night and day difference on his Raptor setup this year vs his stock last year as well.

Premium Features