• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017/18 Big Horns N/S Snow conditions

M
Jan 12, 2018
Me too!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the bighorns too!

But I ride solo a bit and end up tapping out on some fun looking climbs and places that I would nose into if the snow had a good bottom and would hold me up from a wickedly tough 1 man dig out / turn around!

Wish there were a time of year when your track speed isnt like 2x (or more) your ground speed everwhere you go off trail!

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Making a trip to the horns first weekend in Feb. Anyone ever stay at Meadow Lark lodge? Can never seem to get a hold of anyone I know they are only open on weekends. Think we will be able to find any decent snow by then?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

maasyoak2

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2017
Anyone been riding out of bear lodge, looking to make the trip out and wondering if it's worth it.....

M
Dec 15, 2017
Will anyone be riding the horns this weekend the 27th or 28th? Was hoping to ride with some buddies this weekend but they might not be able too. Really want to get on my snowpony this weekend.

viperbusa

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Will anyone be riding the horns this weekend the 27th or 28th? Was hoping to ride with some buddies this weekend but they might not be able too. Really want to get on my snowpony this weekend.

What is the snow conditions looking like for Sat. and Sun.???
What you ride for sled??

starrsleds

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2008
we stayed last march great place but pretty desolate take ur laptop an movies along!!!

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rode there last Friday and Saturday, pretty sad for snow pack up there. Did find some alright snow around granite parking area but by noon there were so many people around there that we just packed up and came home.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
We also rode Friday and Saturday. Anything in the open is windblown and hard. Trees were just OK. It was snowing pretty hard when we left Sunday morning.

G
Jan 29, 2018
Also heading to the big horns in a couple weeks, I've been there a few times. On their website they always refer the better riding spots, I'm familiar with most of the spots but where is woodchuck pass?

Premium Features