• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Everett Ankle Savers???

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
first ride yesterday on axys and got boot stuck twice. Luckily nothing bad happened, but this is a problem for me I guess. Size 12 Klim Adrenaline boot. The guy that sold these still on here? What are guys doing other than installing new running boards? Anyone ever tried to bend these without wrecking them?

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
first ride yesterday on axys and got boot stuck twice. Luckily nothing bad happened, but this is a problem for me I guess. Size 12 Klim Adrenaline boot. The guy that sold these still on here? What are guys doing other than installing new running boards? Anyone ever tried to bend these without wrecking them?
Couple of threads about this.
Some people are bending them, some cutting and relocating, some just leaving them off.
I have the same size and boot as you and broke my ankle season before last.
I actually like having the toe hold so I just bent them up a bit, much better!
Can also grind the running boards a bit but I haven't done that yet.

1b54711c8c68c664f639522808146f07.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Same here..I like the toe hold. Just too tight for me. How you bend them up? Looks perfect in picture. You apply heat to them? I was just worried about the tubing collapsing??

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Same here..I like the toe hold. Just too tight for me. How you bend them up? Looks perfect in picture. You apply heat to them? I was just worried about the tubing collapsing??
I used a portapower and a couple of boards. The right side broke so I had to weld it back up in one spot.
Someone else just used a 2x4 to bend them up.
I think the key is just go slow.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Crap, you guys are gonna force me to make more, aren't you? I'm the guy that made the Everett Ankle Savers. I sold my last set about a month ago, but have been getting a lot of calls for them lately. They sold well, but they weren't a huge money maker for me. But I didn't advertise them either. I'll have the shop quote another batch this week and see what we can do.

On a side note, the Ankle Savers are adjustable to still give a bit of a toe hook. That was the reason for the slight kink in the middle of them. They can also be slid inward to provide a full toe hook on the outside of the hoop, where your boot won't catch.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Crap, you guys are gonna force me to make more, aren't you? I'm the guy that made the Everett Ankle Savers. I sold my last set about a month ago, but have been getting a lot of calls for them lately. They sold well, but they weren't a huge money maker for me. But I didn't advertise them either. I'll have the shop quote another batch this week and see what we can do.

On a side note, the Ankle Savers are adjustable to still give a bit of a toe hook. That was the reason for the slight kink in the middle of them. They can also be slid inward to provide a full toe hook on the outside of the hoop, where your boot won't catch.

If you make some, let me know. If I don't have fix for it by then, Im a definite buyer

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Ditto Ankle Savers!!! I had problems on my Pro and tried many solutions to keep my boots from getting caught and the only thing that worked and two years with Ankle Savers, I have not had any boot issues ever since install. Get them back into production!!
gtwitch in wyoming

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Couple of threads about this.
Some people are bending them, some cutting and relocating, some just leaving them off.
I have the same size and boot as you and broke my ankle season before last.
I actually like having the toe hold so I just bent them up a bit, much better!
Can also grind the running boards a bit but I haven't done that yet.

1b54711c8c68c664f639522808146f07.jpg

Bending these up is by far the best way to solve the problem . . . no need to buy anything :)

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV

Had these on my '15 Pro and currently on my '17 Ax. As Tune says, you can adjust them to where you want them, from straight up and down to all the way forward. It just depends on where you feel comfortable with your foot placement. Bottom line, no more boot hang-ups.

L
Feb 19, 2018
ankle savers

Had these on my '15 Pro and currently on my '17 Ax. As Tune says, you can adjust them to where you want them, from straight up and down to all the way forward. It just depends on where you feel comfortable with your foot placement. Bottom line, no more boot hang-ups.

Where did you buy these ...I cant find any contact info for them,

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming

Keep us posted, I’ll buy 2. Rode an Axys with these, still had my toe grab and I checked space for rolling foot out, and I was impressed.

Last edited:
Premium Features