• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR adjustable weights

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
SHR

How much for that setup?

$295 + S&H you and me are in the same boat in Bend no new snow. I was going to ride stock 18 SP vs stock 17 X with updates &HPS can vs stock 17 SP with no updates do comparison vid then install SHR kit & re test. Now I'm just gunna install tomorrow and see how they stack up once the white S**T hits the fan. :face-icon-small-sho

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
thank you for all the kind words and responses...

we are over whelmed here and dooing our best getting this kit out to everybody...

-BJ

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
$295 + S&H you and me are in the same boat in Bend no new snow. I was going to ride stock 18 SP vs stock 17 X with updates &HPS can vs stock 17 SP with no updates do comparison vid then install SHR kit & re test. Now I'm just gunna install tomorrow and see how they stack up once the white S**T hits the fan. :face-icon-small-sho

Side by side comparison would be awesome. A little white stuff this week it appears. Hopefully enough to do a little trail break-in this weekend!!

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
SHR clutch kit

So far both the 850s I've raced up hill one 17 & 18 both with HPS cans are dead even once they come out of the hole. Not one sled edging the other out both pulling hard & picking up speed all the way to the top. All 3 riders roughly same weight. Next time up I will swap my sled back to stock ramps and put SHR in the 850 with Hps can see if we can see same gains when combined with HPS can. Yes the ramps are that easy to swap over. Also loving the secondary spring when on and off the throttle in the trees rips your RPM right to 7900-8000 with no over Reving or dead spots everything's working nicely together. My sled is 2018 850 stock exhaust only performance mod is SHR clutch kit.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
So far both the 850s I've raced up hill one 17 & 18 both with HPS cans are dead even once they come out of the hole. Not one sled edging the other out both pulling hard & picking up speed all the way to the top. All 3 riders roughly same weight. Next time up I will swap my sled back to stock ramps and put SHR in the 850 with Hps can see if we can see same gains when combined with HPS can. Yes the ramps are that easy to swap over. Also loving the secondary spring when on and off the throttle in the trees rips your RPM right to 7900-8000 with no over Reving or dead spots everything's working nicely together. My sled is 2018 850 stock exhaust only performance mod is SHR clutch kit.

I'm anxious to do some more testing! So fast out of the hole is right.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Sledhead racing ramps

2017 850 165 ,sledhead ramps ,417127062 secondary spring ,3 grams of weight,holds 7900-8000 at the continental divide with a 215 lb rider backpack and other stuff all day long.We ride with some Polaris boys and this set up got their attention.Good job John

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
2018 165 update. Was up in Sicamous first part of this week. BJ's kit was SPOT ON! Flick the flipper, 7900. Back shift was great. This was in deep snow.

Ace

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
a little off topic, but what is the torque spec for clutch bolt??
I got sled heads clutch kit from day one, but just now am changing out to the better Primary clutch spring.

Rod

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
How much for that setup?

Ordered mine on Monday for $150.00 John said the 18' weights are really close to his adjustable ones and since I ride 8k', give or take 500' either way, I didn't need to buy the weights. Just the two springs and an adjustable pin or bolt or whatever it's called. Have to become aquainted with the P-drive here shortly.

Last edited:
I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Got my first ride on this kit yesterday. Big thumbs up. Makes the power band broad instead of spiked from doo. Much stronger finish, top end pull. Would recommend for anyone with an 8fiddy.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
My kit is going on today. Look forward to riding on Saturday. Not the fully adjustable kit since I ride 8000' give or take 500'. Just a pair of springs and an adjustable weight kit for my 18'. Pretty stoked to try it on the hill.

DanoXRS

King Ding-aLing
Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
2018 165 update. Was up in Sicamous first part of this week. BJ's kit was SPOT ON! Flick the flipper, 7900. Back shift was great. This was in deep snow.

Ace

Ace,

At what elevation were you riding in Sicamous and what setup did you have the clutch kit tuned to?

Thanks,

Dano. :face-icon-small-coo

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
SHR967A (3"summit, turbo)
SHR990B2 (2.5" summit, renegade, turbo)
SHR CMT (MXZ)

3 profiles to cover ALL sleds from sea level AK to the top of CO with IN sled tuning and tools supplied...

3 QRS and Pdrive springs to match ALL riders...

optional helix for 3" track sleds, turbos...

SHR solid motor mount shim (keeps motor is place)...

SHR QRS shim kit (to put secondary in the right place)...

sled/rider specific gearing...

chassis recomendations...

venting recomendations...

3 seasons with the Pdrive, 2 seasons with NA 850 and turbo 850...

pretty sure I can help with your sled-BJ

Premium Features