• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo and turbo domes 10:1

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
How would the 10:1 domes effect the Silber reflashed mapping. Reason for asking is that I do not have the possibility to get av-gas or race fuel locally. We get 91 oct (US rating ) / 98 oct (European rating) at the gas station. But installing 10:1 domes from boondocker should give me pleanty safty running between 3-5psi. But my consearn is how would the Silber reflash fuel mapping react to changing the CR from stock to 10:1. I do understand I will loose the snap from bottom doing this. So educate a Yamaha turbo guy that is new to the 2-stroke turbo world. Love the axys by the way - best handeling sled I owe so far?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Will not affect the map. You will have less compression so will be running a little less HP but should run just fine.

FYI: Rk Tek claims his turbo head lowers DET point with out the power loss...

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I'd almost bet you can get away with more boost with the heads and you'd make a bit more power, yes you will loose snap til boost though, but usually they figure is that the more room for air/fuel mixture the more bang, the more boost has the same effect. so you probably could be running 6# on 91 just fine. It's like the yami turbo's, stock no head shim gives you like 7-9# on 91 pump, head shim which you lower compression gives you 16-18# on 91 pump gas and a ton more power.... so lot's of dynamics at play. Also in my experience and I wish I never got to find this out, but the stock polaris det control system seems to work well, I got a sled with plugged injectors and it just kept throwing the code time and time again, took me a while to figure it out, once I did I still put another 600k km on the engine and parked it for the summer.

so you can probably try to see where you can get to til you throw your first DET code then turn it back a # or 2. Also elevation does play a role as well.

A
Oct 3, 2011
Luleå Sweden
How would the 10:1 domes effect the Silber reflashed mapping. Reason for asking is that I do not have the possibility to get av-gas or race fuel locally. We get 91 oct (US rating ) / 98 oct (European rating) at the gas station. But installing 10:1 domes from boondocker should give me pleanty safty running between 3-5psi. But my consearn is how would the Silber reflash fuel mapping react to changing the CR from stock to 10:1. I do understand I will loose the snap from bottom doing this. So educate a Yamaha turbo guy that is new to the 2-stroke turbo world. Love the axys by the way - best handeling sled I owe so far?

What did you end up doing about this?
I have the exact same problem here in Sweden.
I was thinking about low comp head, putting another shim under cylinder, retarding ignitiontiming.
Dont want to give away anything, love the sled how it runs now.

Premium Features