• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If you need a new Exhaust temp sensor, read this!!!

S

SnoPro753

May 4, 2008
Central Iowa
Well I snagged a couple of these sensors off of ebay, looks like they are used factory takeout's. GM had a recall on these and swapped them out, I'm betting the ones being sold off of ebay are takeouts off of brand new trucks on the lot. Mine have a small amount off soot inside one, antiseize on the threads, and appear like they were tightened at once.

Maybe GM read this thread and realized that they were going to fail in the Duramaxs too lol. At least they got out in front of the problem unlike AC.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I now have about 2200miles on mine with zero issues and zero codes. This is on an AC Delco item with the chev plug connector. I cut and soldered the wires onto to a cat pigtail connector.

Anyone with bog issues, I would assume a different issue other then temperature sensor... But that is just me.

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
on my turbo 1000 running straight av gas my buddy and I are only getting 1 to 3 rides on this ac/delco sensor, we are going to try it 1 more time before dishing the big $$ to cat, we did the loop with ziptie as stated in this thread, this time we are going to go with no loop

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
i must have lucked out so far. 2600 miles on my 09 m1 and still original sensor.

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
I ran 1,100 miles 09 m 1000 Y pipe& can, another 900 miles with straight av & turbo original sensor went bad then, I got 60 miles out of the ac/delco and my buddy the same exact thing we are trying round #2

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Exhaust Temperature Sensor

I can still get the A/C Delco exhaust temperature sensors. Now I can also get the matching connector pigtail as well. This will make it easier to change in the future. The A/C Delco sensor costs $37.50 and the pigtail connector costs $30.58. Let me know if I can help :face-icon-small-hap

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I have run a resister for 2 full seasons and have had no issues whats so ever and my sled ripps now i'm ported.heads pipe and y plus controller so maybe theres a difference. all i can say is it works fine for me and nevr goes out or throws a code I do always warm my sled up good before ripping on it.Unless some one could show me how i'm missing some lost power i would never change back to the sensor

M
Dec 4, 2018
Mxz 600 sdi exhasut temp sensor

Hi does anyone know where i can get cheaper exhaust temp sensor for 08 ski doo mxz 600 sdi? Or somehow to bypass tht sh**t my sled just backfiring and engine lights on thx.:)

Premium Features