• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m8 reverse problem???

S
Sep 23, 2012
I have an 09 m8 with a rsi billet reverse switch. At idle, the sled will just continually cycle back and forth between forward and reverse on its own without touching the switch. If I push and hold the switch it will stay in forward or reverse, but as soon as I let off it cycles back and forth. I took the switch apart and it is functioning properly. I don't see any wires grounding so I'm at a loss as to what to check next. Any thoughts?

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
the reverse switch is a momentary switching meaning when you depress it, it contacts ground and that signal then triggers the ECU to initiate reverse. I would disconnect the switch and see if it is causing the problem. with the switch disconnected if it is still doing it, it may be an ECU issue.

S
Sep 23, 2012
So, it still does it with the switch disconnected. Is there anything else I should check before replacing the ecu? Could anything else be grounding and causing this problem? I cant for the life of me find any problem with the two wires running to the switch. Thanks in advance.

Premium Features