• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wolf re-reintroduction!?

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Hey SW'ers, just wondering if any new changes have come about since Molloy's biased decision of putting the wolves back on the endangered species list? Do you think the same will happen with the grizzly bears?

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
.today I literaly had to chase a tour bus driver and his tourists off the fricken road

imagine this stupid pulls over ..hes a tour bus driver ...theres a Mama Grizz with her cub in the ditch ..dumb and dumber are letting the toursists out of the bus and they are taking pictures ...these guys are takin Peter Parkers from 8 feet ....

I said what do you think this is the zoo ?????

anyways I went down the road a minute to Carcross and told the local RCMP who went up code 3 and chased them away

Last edited:
you gimps have no idea how the west works ...today I literaly had to chase a tour bus driver and his tourists off the fricken road

imagine this stupid pulls over ..hes a tour bus driver ...theres a Mama Grizz with her cub in the ditch ..dumb and dumber are letting the toursists out of the bus and they are taking pictures ...I am a Yukon born and bread outdoor enthusiast ..trapline hunting redneck basterd ..thats me ..anyways these guys are takin Peter Parkers from 8 feet ....I pulled over and told stupid that I can't wait for him to get his head ripped off

anyways I went down the road a minute to Carcross and told the local RCMP who went up code 3 and chased them stupid sombithces away

i have no idea how the west works? i grew up hiking in the mountains and comming across fresh bear sign and cougars all the time... scarred the chitt out of me but i lived

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
you gimps have no idea how the west works ...today I literaly had to chase a tour bus driver and his tourists off the fricken road

imagine this stupid pulls over ..hes a tour bus driver ...theres a Mama Grizz with her cub in the ditch ..dumb and dumber are letting the toursists out of the bus and they are taking pictures ...I am a Yukon born and bread outdoor enthusiast ..trapline hunting redneck basterd ..thats me ..anyways these guys are takin Peter Parkers from 8 feet ....I pulled over and told stupid that I can't wait for him to get his head ripped off

anyways I went down the road a minute to Carcross and told the local RCMP who went up code 3 and chased them stupid sombithces away

What exactly is a gimp?

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
i have no idea how the west works? i grew up hiking in the mountains and comming across fresh bear sign and cougars all the time... scarred the chitt out of me but i lived

X2, I'm pretty sure I know how the west works! I work directly with Game & Fish and attended quite a few of the "meetings" before wolf reintroduction took place in Yellowstone!

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Well, i wasn't trying to make this a "contest". Yes, I have been tracked by wolves, but no, not by a pack. We go "coyote" hunting as much as possible. And cougar hunting. What's up with the beef?

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
I understand what you are saying? Just very frustrating. Have a lot of friends who used to have successful guiding services and they're outta business now. Can't even hunt elk in our secret spots anymore because they're out living in the prairie. Don't know the wolves like you do. Just had a lot of bad experiences with them.

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
I understand what you are saying? Just very frustrating. Have a lot of friends who used to have successful guiding services and they're outta business now. Can't even hunt elk in our secret spots anymore because they're out living in the prairie. Don't know the wolves like you do. Just had a lot of bad experiences with them.

My family had one of the biggest guiding areas in the Yukon ..460 square miles ....from our experience shoot to kill , we had more wolves per cap than horses ...Dad landed our 185 Cessna on the lake and was completely surrounded by wolves ...they are not cute or cuddly ..they are waiting for the first chance to eat you

Last edited:

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
That's a huge hunting area. Those little basterds. My father and I came across 7 dead elk in the 2001 hunting season. 5 cows, 2 calfs. Each elk had their achilles ripped apart and neck wounds. No feeding took place. Now it seems like every time we come across a group of elk there tongues are hanging out of their mouths and they rest for 5-10 minutes always looking back and then they're gone. No more than 15 minutes go by and here comes a pack of wolves. I use "coyote" hunting to describe hunting wolves and coyotes. Now I guess we'll just have to s.s.s. Crafty little suckers, those wolves. Nice chattin' with ya:beer;

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
That's a huge hunting area. Those little basterds. My father and I came across 7 dead elk in the 2001 hunting season. 5 cows, 2 calfs. Each elk had their achilles ripped apart and neck wounds. No feeding took place. Now it seems like every time we come across a group of elk there tongues are hanging out of their mouths and they rest for 5-10 minutes always looking back and then they're gone. No more than 15 minutes go by and here comes a pack of wolves. I use "coyote" hunting to describe hunting wolves and coyotes. Now I guess we'll just have to s.s.s. Crafty little suckers, those wolves. Nice chattin' with ya:beer;

ya well we a livin with these Enviros that have read a few books and now know it all...just beacause they saw never Cry Wolf doesn't mean its gospel...lol

Last edited:
B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
Well, i wasn't trying to make this a "contest". Yes, I have been tracked by wolves, but no, not by a pack. We go "coyote" hunting as much as possible. And cougar hunting. What's up with the beef?

I know, I know. Yea right I want to school, got a dee- Gree go to meetings I know all. This crap sounds very common. Cougar here in Montana where? I know we have Mt. Lion. Perfect Examp of a transplant. What part of the east are you from?

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
I know, I know. Yea right I want to school, got a dee- Gree go to meetings I know all. This crap sounds very common. Cougar here in Montana where? I know we have Mt. Lion. Perfect Examp of a transplant. What part of the east are you from?

Actually, i am born and raised from Cody, Wyoming. Been out "here" my whole life bud! In Wyoming, we call them cougars, and antelope are called "goats" down here or "speed goats", or just plain "antelope"! Who really gives a flying f^^^ what they are called? I know, trying to prove a point and definately read the wrong sign:cool: I have relatives in Montana buddy...Billings, Bozeman, Havre, Missoula, Laurel, Forsythe, and Roundup. I hunt "Mt. Lions" just north of Roundup!!! I attended meetings in Cody before the wolf reintroduction to try in helping that not to happen! But what would I know, I must be a transplant!

Premium Features