• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost Leak?

P
Nov 28, 2007
Glenville, Minnesota
I have a EVO cold air intake when I am riding I am getting all kinds of different air noises out of the intake at constant throttle (just crusing 40-50mph) and when it is the quietest that is when she runs strong and more responsive. What are some things that I can do to test if everything is working right? I replaced one of the boost solenoids when I had a similar problem I have the stock BOV.
Thanks
Ryan Hajek

Last edited:
B

bigstick

Dec 27, 2011
Liberty SK
It could be your BRV letting boost by it. I have had two EVO brvs and they are crap cause they don't seal back up. But when they don't seal back up u sure can hear it.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
In 3 years I can count on 3 fingers how many "bad" Evo BRVs I have had, and I've sold probably a couple hundred myself. There was a few in a certain batch I remember the tops would come lose which required a retighten and problem solved. A few others I would replace for guys that thought they were bad I would reinstall on my sled and they worked fine. A few required cleaning and a little new grease and worked fine.

Do you have a boost guage? When the motor walks a fine line between boost and vacuum it does have a fluttering around. If you are in an rpm range that is making boost the BRV solenoid controls whether it's making too much boost and will bleed it off if it needs too. Once the ecu determines the motor needs what boost you are making it should seal off. We have seen bad BRV solenoids for sure but what we have found in our faulty ones is they have trouble holding boost 15lbs and up, kinda stalls the boost right there.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I am running the stock BRV right now but plan on putting the EVO one back on my piston in mine is aluminum I heard the new ones are brass is that true should I have an upgrade?

Old check valves were plastic. New (anything in the last 18 months) has the upgraded brass check valve. Nothing to do with the brv itself.

Premium Features