• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Driving into Western Montana, 2nd weekend of April.

one wheeler peeler

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm planning a overnight trip on the 2nd weekend of April. I will be driving from Spokane and I am trying to keep the drive to around 3 hours or so. That opens up Missoula and nearby areas. If the riding is epic, it might turn into a 3 day trip. I have never ridden or even been to Montana so I'm looking for a little direction. I will be with 1 or 2 other guys and they haven't been to Montana either. The sleds will be 2 162"s and a 136. If it looks like the snow will be really good, the 136er will probably rent something larger. I am looking for off trail with some open areas to play in. I know April is a ways out and the conditions will dictate where we should go but I know nothing about riding Western Montana, except what I have read on these forums. Any info is appreciated. Thanks...

one wheeler peeler

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2013
When I make the trip, I will try and meet up with anyone familiar with the area looking for someone to ride with. I have ridden new areas before and spent TOO much time trying to find the place to ride.

one wheeler peeler

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2013
Thanks Scott...will do. All of my riding has been in AK up until last fall. I moved to Eastern last fall and have ridden Northern Idaho a few times. I have read about Lolo, Swan valley, Flathead valley, etc... but like I said I have ever ridden any of it. So I am looking for a little direction now and extra guys to ride with who know the area as it gets closer.

one wheeler peeler

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2013
So I'll be heading somewhere in the Northern Idaho/Western Montana area this weekend. Not sure if it will be fri or sat yet. I'm looking for any recommendations of areas with some good off trail remaining snow. I'll be going out with 1 other guy. We don't know the area so we are also looking to meet up with someone who does. We are both around 40 and have been riding in AK for awhile. Any info is appreciated and if anyone wants to meet somewhere....let me know.

Matt

Premium Features