• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking at an 07 rev...what are the pros and cons?

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
I got the 06 800, man this thing has some good power. I did however notice some oil undernetath the exhaust (jug side), my buddy said it could be the exhaust or rave valves. Im hoping its not a big issue

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I got the 06 800, man this thing has some good power. I did however notice some oil undernetath the exhaust (jug side), my buddy said it could be the exhaust or rave valves. Im hoping its not a big issue

The oil is more likely because your exhaust manifold bolts have come loose and is leaking exhaust and burnt oil and it is running down the cylinder and block. Replace those bolts with nordlok bolts and then check them religously.

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
Interesting, I've always been told to run the belt so you could read it, and NOT turn it around. 800mi piston/rings should be broke in, stalling when going into reverse could be a sign of low compression or a weak stator. Congrats on the 06 tho:face-icon-small-hap 19t top gear is a good addition and move the MPEM to the top of the oil tank if it's not done already. I used wide sticky velcro to attach it.

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
We checked the compression before i bought it, it has 150 in both cylinders, i was very pleased. Ok when i replace those bolts i suspect ill have to replace the gaskets to?

hmm ill have figure out how to check the stator then, what is a mpem?

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
Got the ecm on the oil tank, the only thing is I can't get the plug in to sit straight that green gasket keeps getting in my way I have the tab side down fully it's the other side that doesn't wanna go all the way down. The sled starts but the tach doesn't wanna move right away and today I started it (no choke and it was cold) and it kept beeping and there was a red light flashing on the cluster it was at 1k then iblipped the throttle and it started to idle at 1500 and steady.

I have the ecm Velcrod on the oil tank does the cable need to be strapped anything?

S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
Like my comrades have said there really great sleds.My 07 nuked at 3450miles/5000 miles center bearing.Like reeb said thats fairly normal for 2 stroke doo's whicked wide open at 8k+rpm.
I bought the stock not the X,my friend got the x and mine did and always has worked better..Yes the x track was a trencher.
I still have my 07 and now have a slight modded 2010 xp.The 07 will take down the xp on the hard pack,but different story in the fresh,hence the chassis change.

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
I had a buddy look at my chaincase oil level and he said it seems like the po dumped two bottles in, so I picked up a bottle of the synthetic skidoo chaincase oil and have a gasket on order, I looked in my manual (cd) but i cant find the torque spec on the the chaincase bolts i did find that the capacity is 250mL though.

Premium Features