• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Service Bulletin BS201312 - Slide Rail End Caps 2013 Ms

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Looks like we're getting the new larger slide rail end caps for our 2013 sleds.

RailEndCaps_zps9fdc263b.png

Attachments

• BS201312 Slide Rail End Caps.pdf
    262.4 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Looks like we're getting the new larger slide rail end caps for our 2013 sleds.

----------------------------

Service Bulletin

Date: December 19, 2012

Product Line: Snowmobile

Bulletin No: BS201312

Subject: Slide Rail End Caps

Affected Models: 2013 M8, M 1100 Turbo, and M 1100 non-Turbo

NOTE: Refer to Cat Tracker Online to obtain the list of affected VIN’s from your inventory by selecting the “Service” tab, then the “Bulletin Display” tab. Specific criteria is required to be selected. Example: Bulletin Type-All, Product Type-SNOW, Bulletin Number BS201312 and Bulletin Year 2013.

Condition: The slide rail end caps do not meet Arctic Cat standards on the affected models only and should be replaced.

Solution: Install new Slide Rail End Cap Update Kit (p/n 0637-420). Instructions will be included in the kit.

Parts: Order an appropriate number of Slide Rail End Cap Update Kits (p/n 0637-420) through normal parts-ordering channels. Your dealership Parts Account will be billed and then credited upon receipt of a Warranty Claim Request.

Warranty: A labor allowance of 0.2 hr will be paid per affected snowmobile.
 NOTE: It is required to enter the current mileage of each affected model.

! ATTENTION
To ensure that the necessary service work is completed in a timely manner and that this issue can be resolved, Arctic Cat is requesting that all service work be completed prior to December 19, 2013. All warranty claims directly related to this issue will not be honored after December 19, 2013, without prior approval.

So the bulletin is released on the 19th...but yet "All warranty claims directly related to this issue will not be honored after December 19, 2013, without prior approval." Wth?

Last edited:

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Another well proven on the snow design change before production.

Quit rushing stuff TRF. Send some of us new parts and things to test, I'll sign the NDA and provide engineering feedback.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
protect against track stab heh

Anti- Stab kit is only $70, put on ice scratchers and dump the idler wheels is what I did. sled should carve better too.

B
Feb 26, 2008
Saskatoon, Sk
I checked the caps on my '13 M800 Ltd after reading the bulletin over on HCS, guess what?? One tip was missing and the track was starting to chew on the end of the rail, luckily it didn't stab. I picked-up a BDX anti-stab kit and put it on. PROBLEM SOLVED.....I hope.

sledhead1

Lifetime Membership
Mar 6, 2010
lol, just called my dealer here in Canada. Not available till end of Jan.:face-icon-small-dis

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
One case in Norway on a M800 2013. The suspension went through the track.
Only 100 kilometers on the sled and the guy was running on the flats after a tractor road.
Sent my dealer a message with the service bulletin attached and he will look at it when hes back from holiday.
But a BDX antistab will be ordered for me asap...

M
Nov 21, 2011
13 m800 limited stabbing?

How do you know if the track stabs? And any pics would be great! I just blew through my first belt today at 335 miles. Only a month of riding and have had several issues I'm not liking. My belt, one of my steering bushing is super lose, and now this. I guess buying a new sled has its downs after all. Dang!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
How do you know if the track stabs? And any pics would be great! I just blew through my first belt today at 335 miles. Only a month of riding and have had several issues I'm not liking. My belt, one of my steering bushing is super lose, and now this. I guess buying a new sled has its downs after all. Dang!

Oh you will know..............because you will be laying in the snow in front of the sled that that just threw you over the bars...........:face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features