• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 REV 800 H0 - Check Engine light flashing at the end of the trip

B
Jul 28, 2011
I have a 2006 Summitt 800 HO REV Chassis Adrenaline 144. I rode it all day on the weekend in some relatively deep snow. nothing out of the ordinary though, after riding the trail down the mountain i shut it off and had lifted front end the sled on the trailer (which is only about 2' off the ground). I then started the sled to ride it onto the trailer and the check engine light was flashing, as well as an occasional beep coupled with a flash of a red light on the right side of the tach (i'm pretty sure it was the DESS pilot lamp, it was not the oil lamp). I had around 1/4 tank of fuel left in the tank, maybe a little less, and a corresponding amount of oil left in the oil reservoir.

I fiddled with the DESS plug for a few minutes, tried depressing the areas of the sensor and re-attaching it, but nothing helped. Needless to say, i don't believethe issues was caused by the connection of the DESS being bad.

During this process I shut it off and restarted it several times, every time i had the same problem. The sled would start first pull as if nothing was wrong, but would not allow it to rev over ~3000 rpm. and the two lights were still cycling. (yellow engine light flashing every 1/2 second, and the DESS light and beep going every couple seconds.)

when i got the sled home and it had cooled down i started it up and all lights had turned off and everythign was normal.

What could cause this to happen at the end of the day? i'm concerned about taking it out again untill i understand what caused this. Can low fluids cause this light combination to happen? I would have thought that would set off the oil lamp, not the DESS lamp?

B
Jul 28, 2011
Does anyone have any insights on this by chance...i'm dreading the cost our local dealer charges for problems like these.

Premium Features