• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boost leak

took my diy turbo 08 nytro for a rip across the lawn for the first time tonight. It idles good and motor seams to be running well but when you start to get into the throttle it sputters, boost gauge will not read above 0 and the air fuel is at 10. I think it is a boost leak. What would be the best way to find the leak if it is not an obviouse one like a line off? also does anyone have any idea what else it could be?

thanks.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
hook a regulated pressure supply to the intake of the turbo...crank it up to 15 psi.....

C

canuck5

Aug 25, 2009
Sylvan Lake AB
This is signature boost leak man, seen it many times and it shouldnt be a small one. Check every hose clamp from the compressor forward to the throttel bodies one of them should be off. If not the other two possibilities are blow off stuck open or waste gate which is rare. What kind of turbo?

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
Mine did this with a cracked intercooler tank. Also seen one where the throttle bodies were popped off the engine...

Found the problem.blow off valve diaphram was weather cracked. Is there a way to adjust the idle. It will not idle now also idles rich.I can get it to 6-7 lbs of boost but it's a dog and only revs 7000-7500 rpm. There is only about three inches of snow here and no traction but even slowly accelerating on a long stretch it only hits 6-7 lbs and is only reving 7000-7500 rpm at 120km per hour. I have super tip weights and a helix from ulmer and a pink primary spring from ulmer. Are the weights to heavy???

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Found the problem.blow off valve diaphram was weather cracked. Is there a way to adjust the idle. It will not idle now also idles rich.I can get it to 6-7 lbs of boost but it's a dog and only revs 7000-7500 rpm. There is only about three inches of snow here and no traction but even slowly accelerating on a long stretch it only hits 6-7 lbs and is only reving 7000-7500 rpm at 120km per hour. I have super tip weights and a helix from ulmer and a pink primary spring from ulmer. Are the weights to heavy???

sounds like you may still have another leak do you have a boost controller or a air fuel gauge,you should be reving 85-8900 rpm what kind of fuel controller do you have.

Premium Features