• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Interest in a chromoly tube chassis?

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
O7 800R Rev 156 2.5

Very interested in the cromoly built tunnel if you could get some numbers for cost of replacement I would definetly consider buying. As long as the home work had been done on suspension bolting holes pre drilled and in the right angles allowing a plug and play tunnel swap. What would the $ be? Total weight savings?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If your looking for one for a 156 DOO tunnel, then I think all that we would do is stretch the 151 tunnel design out 2.5", so really easy to do. As far as predrilled, again, if your running stock locations, if not we can make you one exactly how you want it. And the nice thing is the rear can be setup to have a built in drop which is a nice benefit on the revs for handling. I will discuss price with josh, but We will try to get a number up pretty soon for tunnels. Just hard to gauge time as each one is somewhat custom... length, suspension setup.. BUT, working on getting some numbers laid down for those interested.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Alright... no exact numbers on tunnel pricing yet, should have em up later today, just working on all the stuff that goes into building them... theres a lot more detail to factor in compared to an aluminum sheet tunnel.

For price we will do the first 3 a a slightly reduced cost to get a few out and on the snow, show people the product, that sort of thing. Then after the first 3 the price will go back to its normal level to account for all the costs involved in getting this going.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
what size tubing are you thinking about using and what thickness? Looks like an awesome project. Good job man, and good luck!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
its all 3/4 .035 wall.. the stuff is super light but very very strong.

thanks, really excited about getting into this.... really looking forward to tubing out my yamadoo this summer, this is gonna be awsome when its done.

brahm, we can talk more via PM for the kinda stuff you would be looking for. see if it would be feasable for us to work with you on the project... I would really like to get this tube thing more out there.. its pretty cool.

J

jcwatty

Mar 10, 2009
Richland,WA
I would be super interested in this if it were on the market. I'm one of the folks looking for a tunnel/bulkhead to rebuild one of my rev's right now.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
its all 3/4 .035 wall.. the stuff is super light but very very strong.

thanks, really excited about getting into this.... really looking forward to tubing out my yamadoo this summer, this is gonna be awsome when its done.

brahm, we can talk more via PM for the kinda stuff you would be looking for. see if it would be feasable for us to work with you on the project... I would really like to get this tube thing more out there.. its pretty cool.
Did you ever mention the weight savings, or did i just not see it? I saw where you had a rough guess on everything, but since you have changed out the tunnel, i thought you would have a hard # for that part of it. Thanks. Dan.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Did you ever mention the weight savings, or did i just not see it? I saw where you had a rough guess on everything, but since you have changed out the tunnel, i thought you would have a hard # for that part of it. Thanks. Dan.
if anyone has it josh has it cuz its on his. so I wont post my guesses off of his. The big gain is lack of snow buildup.

for a full chassis, im going to be starting on mine pretty soon.. then I will have some idea ofo what we need to do get those out.. mine is going to be setup to run a custom steering setup to drop a bunch more weight... we are mainly working on getting the tunnels setup to sell, the chassis are a lot more detailed and are going to take some time to get figured out. They are more custom setups.

Brahm, the only problem I see with the weld up kit is that these chassis have a LOT of parts, and we dont have computer bending machines, so its really hard to make the thing in peices and not actually build it as you go... I just see it being a PITA to get to fit exactly right.

Last edited:
J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT

Unfortunatly, The tunnel i took off of mine was not stock. On mine, I shaved 14.5 LBS. I think off of a stock tunnel we would be shaving about 10 LBS. We'll know more after we do a stocker. We also have some great ideas to shead some more snow.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well, there ya go...... a real number.

as far as snow buildup. For those of us who run drop brackets on the rev sleds, the tube tunnel works really well on shedding snow. my drop brackets on my RT build up about 2-3# of ice per side everytime I got out, the backs of the running boards also like to collect a nice pile. its amazing how much snow freezes to all the parts in the back of the tunnel. the tubing just collects so much less snow/ice. If we get out together this weekend I will try to get some side by side pics of all the tunnels and how much snow they hold.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Well, life plans changed and my ability to just work on these didnt pan out.

I know my buddy josh(jskattum606) is working on his full tube sled right now, go to members sled builds and check it out. There is SO much fab work required for the system to work, It would need to be a mostly full time deal working on it, and I think Josh, as well as myself dont have the time to take and just try and build sled parts and hope thye sell.. It would be fun, just a lot of financial risk involved in stopping normal work to go out on a limb to sell sled stuff. It might remain custom personal stuff right now, once he gets his first one built and played with, he/we might consider doing something different with it.

T
Jun 17, 2008
i have built two complete chassis over the last two summers , used the rev as a donner sled . there extremely tough.they take a long time to build.
to expensive for most to have done .i will never buy a new sled again after doing this but it isnt for every one .
one sled has a 01 800 with my 860bb in it and it walks on the 800turbo polaris i ride with .just comes down to hp versus weight, he needs more boost ,hahaha
second sled i used a 06 ptec 800 . stock so as to compare the two sleds and this fall the 06 p tec will get big bored .
i have hit big trees so hard that i picked myself up well ahead of the sled .
3 crashes that come to mind would have written off the stock sled .
aluminium versus chrome molly .

Premium Features