• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Seat on a REV...?

S
Jan 1, 2008
Chanhassen, MN
I have a 2004 Summit X but I want to put a XP seat on it. I got a smoking deal on a 2010 XRS seat. anyone that owns an XP think it is possible to put on a REV? Im sure I will have to do some fabricating of supports, but is it close to the same size? and is that a good seat? taller, narrower, lighter?

S
Jan 1, 2008
Chanhassen, MN
got the seat yesterday, looks brand new. So the XP seat just "clips" onto the gas tank? wonder if I could find a cheap gas tank and cut the top off of it and mount it to REV gas tank somehow. or figure out how they clip on and make some brackets that hold it. anyone have an XP gas tank that they could take pictures of for me? or sell to me cheap? :)

S
Dec 22, 2008
elko
wow dude "you are going to put that seat on there" right on man i like how you think if its not supposed to be on there then do it!!!... ill help as much as i can i will do research and you will have that seat on there .... me and my buddy put a supercross seat on a mtn max... so pm me ill be on this one like a rat on a cheeto!!

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Keep us posted, I want to put an xp seat on my RT but would build my seat frame from aluminum kinda like the r&m access seats , but with an xp seat on top.

I would have to find a good seat for next to nothin before I attempt it.

A
Nov 11, 2009
does anyone know about putting an 07 summit seat on an earlier year rev like an 05? can it just swap over with no problems or what?

S
Jan 1, 2008
Chanhassen, MN
Thats what I plan to do. Build an aluminum frame that goes around my current gas tank and mount the XP tank to that frame. because the xp seat attaches to the tank. i have the seat, i got a good price on one, but just need to find a tank.

S
Jan 1, 2008
Chanhassen, MN
Made some progress. Made the bottom frame, did alot of thinking and mocking up this weekend. bought some angle aluminum and strap aluminum to finish the frame. hopefully in a couple weeks I will get back to it.

mockup2.jpg

mockup.jpg

bottomframe3.jpg

bottomframe2.jpg

bottomframe.jpg

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Made some progress. Made the bottom frame, did alot of thinking and mocking up this weekend. bought some angle aluminum and strap aluminum to finish the frame. hopefully in a couple weeks I will get back to it.

mockup2.jpg

mockup.jpg

bottomframe3.jpg

bottomframe2.jpg

bottomframe.jpg

272 days and 23 hrs,It,s taken you this long to complete this Mod?:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features