• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moving Taillight from seat to the rear of the tunnel

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Has anybody done this using the factory polaris parts. It looks like I can get the wire cover and extension for 25 busks. Is the Taillight the same? Its hard to tell or will I also need the housing and a new taillight

B
Dec 13, 2007
I did this to my 07 rmk...its simple. Order the wire harness jumper, harness cover, tailight cover and pick some rivets up from the hardware store.

Its pretty self explanitory from there...took me about 15 minutes to do

M
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup, Wa.
I used the tail light extension bracket that comes with the Polaris gas racks.

Attach the tail light to the bracket, install at the end of the tunnel like the newer IQs, splice in longer wires and you are done.

I used aluminum C-channel to cover the wires on the tunnel.

Total cost $5 for C-channel and it looks like a factory install.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Has anybody done this using the factory polaris parts. It looks like I can get the wire cover and extension for 25 busks. Is the Taillight the same? Its hard to tell or will I also need the housing and a new taillight

I did this to my 2007 D-7 short track, ordered the 2009 tail cover housing only $20.00 from dealer.

The tail light is the same.

The tail light mounting bracket is unavailable seperately from POLARIS, or at least that's what the dealer told me, I fabbed one out of 1/8" aluminum, I'll try to upload a few pics.

Download bracket pic:

http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/...=slideshow&track=share_email_album_view_click

Hope this helps

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm with Ollie...

The FNI unit is bombproof..

Kit includes tail light mount, wire & channel, mounting hardware and instructions. This kit moves the taillight from the back of the seat to the end of the tunnel. Kit utilizes stock tunnel penetrations to run the wire through.

Remove the "tripping hazard" from the rear of your seat!

The website has this listed incorrectly as an 05-06... it fits a 2007 and above and can be used on the 05/06 IQ as well with some mods.

Polaris IQ Taillight Relocation Bracket Kit

06PTLB%20tail%20light%20reloc.%20bracket.jpg

Premium Features