• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wolf Management!!!

C
Dec 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
And here is the oppositions side for saving the wolf. The same people that are instituting wilderness are also on board with this video. Watch a few minutes into the video and the reference to snowmobiles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjL7Eq5P-t0&feature=related

Gawd, what a puff piece for the gentle and harmless wolf! :mad: Makes me ill seeing the drivel spewed on that video. Why not also show footage of their wonderful wolves "sport killing" deer and elk, then leaving them rot and waste after eating only a few bites.
Also...how many times can the producer misspell "their"? :face-icon-small-con:light:...Idiots...

C
Dec 31, 2008
Montana
I don't get the whole wolf thing...what is the big deal about wolves? Seriously, my neighbor raised three 80% wolves nextdoor to me in town??? Different, but not much.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
To be honest Idaho fish and game has no clue how many wolves there really is and there way underestimating the population. they don't even acknowledge the wolves that roam the corners of Nevada Utah and Idaho, they have been there for 10 years. But have been managed when seen

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
I don't get the whole wolf thing...what is the big deal about wolves? Seriously, my neighbor raised three 80% wolves nextdoor to me in town??? Different, but not much.

Big Big difference!!!

A domesticated animal isn't out sport killing other species of animals just to entertain themselves. I lost my best friend (Calli-brittany spaniel) last fall to a pack of wolves. Ask the people in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey who are afraid to let their children go outside right now because of the wolf pack that is inhabiting their yards and littered them with elk carcusses. Ask the sheepherder who was loosing 15-20 sheep a week while traveling the mountain stock driveway above McCall. Ask the rancher in eastern idaho that is loosing 5 newborn calves a week (along with cows) to wolves that are eating the calves while their half way still in the womb.......................

And I could go on and on. Read this instead:

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135525&highlight=wolves

P
Jan 9, 2008
And here is the oppositions side for saving the wolf. The same people that are instituting wilderness are also on board with this video. Watch a few minutes into the video and the reference to snowmobiles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjL7Eq5P-t0&feature=related

I called the 800 # and got the US fish and wildlife svs,was going to ask if the tags would be drawing of over the counter. I'd also like to meet the guy with stones big enough to run one over with a sled, dang those things are as big as a short horse.

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado

Did you watch this CarvinMarvin, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMpMoeN40Q The population of healthy herds in the Lolo Pass area are below what the F&G considers a survivable count.

When they first introduced the wolves to Yellowstone, I thought that was kind of cool. Problem is, they got out of the park. Wolves cannot read the brochures that they were given that stated they must stay in the park.

Now they are obviously out of hand and destroying herds. If the charts that F&G show in that video are accurate, or even close to accurate. Wolves will wipe out the healthy herds and then turn to ranch stock, then pets and humans out camping. Yes, it will probably be the bunny huggers, but not good.

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
they come to town because there is nothin left in the back country for them or us for that matter, a huntin license will be only good to look at cause there won't be anything left to eat, that is why our forefathers got rid of em in the first place:mad::mad:

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
From the start they should have protected them in the park, and KILLED the ones that left. What do you expect from the same people that think the best way to fight a kitchen fire is to start a backfire in the living room.

P
Jan 9, 2008
From the start they should have protected them in the park, and KILLED the ones that left. What do you expect from the same people that think the best way to fight a kitchen fire is to start a backfire in the living room.

from the start they should not have been reintroduced! before our forefathers exterminated them there were buffalo to fill the gap and we know what happened to them as well as the wolf way back when

H
Nov 26, 2007
Back in Idaho
Did you watch this CarvinMarvin, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMpMoeN40Q The population of healthy herds in the Lolo Pass area are below what the F&G considers a survivable count.

When they first introduced the wolves to Yellowstone, I thought that was kind of cool. Problem is, they got out of the park. Wolves cannot read the brochures that they were given that stated they must stay in the park.

Now they are obviously out of hand and destroying herds. If the charts that F&G show in that video are accurate, or even close to accurate. Wolves will wipe out the healthy herds and then turn to ranch stock, then pets and humans out camping. Yes, it will probably be the bunny huggers, but not good.

If you are interested the IDFG Big Game Regs are out on the internet. They have talked alot about the Lolo herd and the Sawtooth herd, but for some reason they are not talking at all about the other herds that are being anihilated.

For example, this years regulations have dropped the cow elk hunts from around 1500 three years ago to a measly 25 this year in the 3 hunting areas I hunt in. Just imagine the lost revenue to the IDFG and to the small communities that are located near these units.

Premium Features